I. A. Minutes 10/29/01
Action taken by Council: Approved
II. Curriculum Sub-Committee – Wesley Brown, spokesperson
A. College of Arts & Sciences/Department of English – Format F – Modify admission requirement to include a five to ten page writing sample in addition to the current program admission requirements. The Council asked for clarification of whether the writing sample would be used for admission decisions or graduate assistant assignments. Dr. Herrin was asked to follow up on the language and intent of the proposal.
Action taken by Council: Deferred
III. Graduate Faculty Sub-Committee – Ron Lindahl, spokesperson
A. New Appointments:
1. Mian Jiang, Chemistry, recommend Associate membership.
2. Allan D. Spritzer, Management and Marketing, recommend Associate membership.
3. Steven Christopher Wallace, Geography, Geology & Geomatics, recommend Associate membership.
4. Clarissa A. Willis, Human Development & Learning, recommend Full membership.
5. Jane Xuefeng Zhou, Environmental Health, recommend
1. Edward A. Baryla, Jr., Economics, Finance, & Urban Studies, Associate expired 011, recommend Associate membership.
2. Jimmy Dean Hahs, Technology, Associate expired 991, recommend Associate.
3. Jan Kyzar, Technology, Associate expired 012, recommend Interim membership.
4. Kurt Loess, Management & Marketing, Associate expires 013, recommend Associate membership.
5. John D. Morefield, English, Interim expired 011, recommend Interim membership.
6. Charles V. Roberts, Communication, Full expired 012, recommend Full membership.
7. L. Thomas Roberts, Physical Education and Exercise Science, Associate expired 012, recommend
8. Edith Seier, Mathematics, Associate expires 013, recommend Associate membership.
9. Donald J. Shemwell, Management & Marketing, Associate
expired 012, recommend Full membership.
Action taken by Council: Approved
IV. Old Business
A. Memorandum - CSCI 5857, User Interface Programming – Dr. Green provided a memorandum of support stating that the CSCI 5857 course may serve as an elective to graduate studies in the Master of Business Administration or Master of Accountancy programs in the College of Business. This letter of support was requested by Council members at the 10/29/01 meeting in order for the CSCI 5847 course to be approved.
B. Course Syllabus BIOC 5010/6010 - Council members were given a copy of the course syllabus for BIOC 5010/6010, which was requested at the 10/29/01 Council meeting.
C. Steve Honaker reminded Council members that the first round of catalog proofs were due back to Graduate School/Registrar by 11/28/01.
V. New Business
A. ETSU Course Inventory Audit 2001/2002 – Dr. Brown provided a list of graduate courses recommended for inactivation to Council members for review and approval.
College of Applied Science & Technology
CSCI5357 CIM Applications
CSCI5420 Topics in Networking
CSCI5750 Prin Artifi Intel
CSCI5800 Prin Graph/Image
CSCI5817 Prog Lang Compil
College of Arts & Sciences
ARTA5320 Elem School Art
ARTA5450 Art Mentl Retard
BIOL5040 Nutritional Biochemistry
BIOL5041 Nutritional Biochem Lab
BIOL5967 Morpho/Taxon of Insects
MUSC5071 Sem Orff-Schulwk
MUSC5072 Sem Kodaly Cncpt
MUSC5073 Sem Jaques-Dlcrz
MUSC5837 Admin Suzuki Programs
PHIL5030 Modern Philos
PHYS5010 Classical Mechanics
PHYS5020 Classical Mechanics
PHYS5450 Solid State Physics
PHYS5460 Solid State Physics
PHYS5610 Quantum Mechanics
PHYS5620 Quantum Mechanics
PHYS5650 Math Methods
PHYS5660 Math Methods
PHYS5710 Electromag Thry
PHYS5720 Electromag Thry
PHYS5860 Contemporary Physics
PSYC5930 Intern Mntl Hlth
SOAA4407 Soc of Correctns
SOAA5220 Advanced Resrch
SOAA5407 Soc of Correctns
SOAA5600 Seminar Med Soc
College of Business
ACCT5020 Sem Financial Acct II
ACCT5707 Financial Acct Standards
ECON5230 Applied Microecon Theory
ECON5905 Workshop in Economic Educ
PMGT5955 Topics in Public Managem
MKTG5510 Seminar in Marketing
MKTG5957 Topics in Marketing
College of Education
CUAI5200 M Sch/Jr H Curr
CUAI5403 Elem Meth Soc St
CUAI5404 El Lang Art/Rdng
CUAI5418 Creative Drama/Movement
READ5007 Workshop Reading
READ5019 Supervised Teaching
SCED5107 Nat Study Teachers
SCED5113 Science Workshops
SCED5300 Elem Sci Cur Dev
SCED5517 Energy Resources
SCED5950 Sem Sci Educ
HDAL5720 Student Personnel Serv
ELPA6850 Integrating Public Agncs
PEXS5097 Pharm & Substance Ab
PEXS5500 Computer Applications
PEXS5707 Seminar in Sports Med
College of Public & Allied Health
PUBH5001 Independent Study
PUBH5300 School Hlth Ed
PUBH5320 Hlthful Sch Envr
PUBH5800 Patient Ed Pract
VI. Adjournment – There being no further business the meeting was
adjourned at 2:00 p.m.
Signed minutes on file
Scott Champney, Chair