About MMC Training
Multimedia Classrooms and Multimedia Lecture Halls offer faculty an opportunity to introduce educational material to students using enhanced learning environments via technology.
Training for multimedia classrooms is currently offered on an on-demand basis. Contact Academic Technology Support to schedule Multimedia Training:
Training consists of how to use the:
- Document Camera
- Smart Board and the Smart Board Software
- VHS Player
- DVD Player
- Crestron Touch Panel
- Laptop Connection
- Doceri Remote iPad App (For faculty who wish to teach with their iPad)
Where can I get a multimedia cabinet key?
New faculty are issued a key to unlock the cabinets in the classrooms after training has been completed. Contact ATS at 439-8615 to set up a training session.
Multimedia Classroom Access
Some classrooms are kept locked and require key card access. To request Onity Access to enter Card Swipe Rooms contact ATS at 439-8615.
Multimedia Classroom Tips
- Do Take Advantage of Technological Support
- Contact ATS at 439-8611 if you need assistance with the software (i.e.: Word, PowerPoint, Smart Notebook Tools, playing a DVD, CD, or VCR).
- Contact ATS at 439-8611 if you would like help in converting course material or creating technologically based educational material (i.e. Smart Notebook Templates, Interactive PowerPoint Slides, Training on how to save material to CDs or Q Drive).
- Contact Information Technology Services at 439-4648 if the equipment (i.e. computer, projector, Crestron Panel, or Symposium) is not functioning properly.
Things to remember:
- (Do Not) - Use ANY type of markers on the Doc Cam (fancy overhead projector)
- (Do Not) - Use ANY type of markers on the Smart Board or Pull-Down Screen
- (Do Not) - Use force to open/close DVD/CD door
- (Do Not) - Leave the projector on (light on)
- (Do Not) - Leave cabinet unlocked
- (Do Not) - Forget to log off the computer
- (Do Not) - Shake, write on, or un-connect the Crestron Panel
- (Do Not) - Turn off the computer VCR
Register for an upcoming workshop