SEVIER COUNTY PARTNERS IN PROGRESS
ETSU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PARTNERS IN PROGRESS ETSU SCHOLARSHIP, AN INDIVIDUAL MUST:
1. Be a graduate of a Sevier County high school or Kings Academy as well as a graduate from Walters State Community College or have completed the required hours to be recognized by ETSU as a college junior.
2. A student must have an overall Walters State GPA of 2.5 or meet the minimum GPA requirement for the Degree Program they wish to pursue.
GENERAL SCHOLARSHIP PROVISIONS:
1. Students must first apply for all other scholarship and financial aid programs available at ETSU.
2. In the event that the student receives any other financial aid, this scholarship will pay the balance of the account up to $2,000/semester ($4,000/year maximum) after the federal Pell Grant and all other scholarships have been applied. The PIP ETSU Scholarship is for four (4) consecutive semesters at the ETSU, Sevierville campus.
3. PIP scholarships will only be awarded in the semester following completion of course work at Walters State Community College either through graduation or completion of required hours to be recognized as a junior at ETSU. (i.e. A student must enroll in the Fall Semester at ETSU following completion of coursework at Walters State in the Spring. If WS coursework is completed in the Fall semester, a student must begin coursework at ETSU the immediate Spring semester after completion at WS.)
4. Students that decline a Tennessee Lottery Scholarship or any other grant or scholarship available at ETSU will be ineligible for the Partners in Progress ETSU Scholarship.
5. Students must maintain satisfactory academic progress as outlined by ETSU.
6. Students must be enrolled for a minimum of 12 course hours each semester in order to be eligible to receive scholarship assistance during the semester. (If a student drops below full-time status during the semester, the student will be ineligible for the PIP ETSU Scholarship assistance for future semesters.)
7. Students must remain consecutively enrolled for Fall and Spring semester (summer not included) to maintain scholarship eligibility. A break in enrollment will automatically disqualify a students eligibility.
8. If students meet the above requirement, they may be able to renew the PIP ETSU scholarship for a second year of study. In order to be considered for renewal, the student must submit a scholarship renewal application for the following academic year before the required deadline.
9. If the student loses an ETSU scholarship or if the GPA drops below the required GPA, the student will lose the PIP ETSU scholarship.
10. PIP ETSU Scholarships award offers will be made in December and July of each year.
STUDENTS INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THE PIP ETSU SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM MUST SUBMIT:
1. A completed application for admissions to ETSU.
2. A completed PIP ETSU scholarship application to ETSU by April 15 for Fall semester and Nov 15 for Spring semester. The application
must be submitted to the ETSU, Sevierville campus. The completed application must
be mailed to:
PO Box 6367
Sevierville, TN 37864
3. A completed application for federal student financial aid (FAFSA) February 15th! The U.S. Department of Education processes web applications more quickly than paper applications. Web application is recommended. (Students will be awarded the PIP ETSU scholarship on a first come, first serve basis per the submission date of the FAFSA
NOTE: An individual desiring to participate in the PIP ETSU Scholarship Program must meet these deadlines in order to be considered for the scholarship funding during the ETSU Fall or Spring Semester.
*ALL AWARDS ARE CONTINGENT ON AVAILABLE FUNDING
Returning students in good standing with ETSU will receive first priority on scholarship dollars.
For additional information, please contact Sevierville@etsu.edu
Programs of study available:
B.B.A. in Business Management
B.B.A. in Marketing Management
B.S. in Early Childhood Education (licensure)
B.S. in K-6 Education (licensure)
B.S. in Special Education (licensure)
B.S. in Human Services
B. in Social Work
B.S. in Radiography
B.S. in Psychology
Bachelor of Applied Science