Upward Bound Bridge
Summer Bridge Scholarship Program
Every senior ETSU Upward Bound participant has the opportunity to apply for the ETSU Upward Bound Summer Bridge Scholarship Program. Preference for the scholarship is given to those UB senior students who demonstrate a sincere commitment to their future academic endeavors in higher education. To be eligible for consideration for the Summer Bridge Scholarship you must complete all of the requirements listed below. Failure to complete these requirements by the deadline will make you ineligible for consideration as a participant in the UB Summer Bridge Program. The deadline is set at the beginning of the academic year. Selection for Summer Bridge participants is typically completed prior to the start of the spring semester.
The following items are required for UB senior participants who want to be considered for the UB Summer Bridge Program:
- Completed ACT/SAT by December of the current academic year, if not already completed Completed ETSU application, including the High School Transcript Form.
- ETSU Upward Bound will pay ETSU Application Fee, but ETSU application must be turned into Upward Bound.
- Do not complete online application, or mail in your application to ETSU Admissions.
- Completed 2 paged, typed essay that includes, but does not have to be limited to the following questions, "How has Upward Bound affected my commitment to higher education?" and/or "Why do you feel that you should be chosen as a 2014 Bridge student?"
- Completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Visit www.fafsa.ed.gov to start the process. (Student must submit copy of fafsa confirmation page to complete this requirement!)
TASP Pre-college Scholarship Form
Letter with instructions for filling out bridge forms
Guide for logging in to GoldLink to check Financial Aid status
Summer 2014 Registration Permission Form
Participant Requirements Form
Bridge Program Due Dates
Meningitis and Hepatitis B Waiver