Need to report a violation? Reports of an instance of academic misconduct (plagiarism, cheating, or fabrication), may be made by contacting the Dean's Office of the College where the violation is alleged to have occurred. Graduate student cases are handled through the School of Graduate Studies and the Quillen COM and the Gaton COP have their own policies and procedures. Any violations occurring outside of the classroom and a College should be reported to the Dean of Students, Division of Student Affairs. 

Have you been found in violation? If you have been found in violation of the University's Academic Misconduct Policy by a faculty member, then you should receive a written communication within seven (7) business days from the faculty member with specific details.  The letter will inform you of your rights, timeframe for response, grade sanction(s) applied, and other important information including next steps.  This communication will be sent to your eMail account.

Need more information? The "Resources" tab to the side includes simple flow charts which further breakdown and explain the possible routes a case may take to reach it's final resolution. Likewise, the "Contact Us" tab explains which office has jurisdiction in each situation.  That office can answer questions and/or provide you with direction or advice on how the situation will be proceeding.
direct edit