Dr. Anderson, a local dentist, has been involved with the U.S. Naval Reserve since his release from active duty in 1956. He has served in various capacities, and since 1969, has been coordinator for the U. S. Naval Academy for the State of Tennessee. In 1978, when he was selected for the rank of rear admiral, he became one of two reserve dental admirals who serve as the field representatives for the Bureau of Medicine and Surgery, Dental Division. Dr. Anderson is involved within his profession as well as his community. He was honored by ETSU in 1979, when he received the Certificate of Merit from the NAA. The Tennessee Dental Association awarded him the Fellowship Award, its highest honor.