Doug's Tofu and Broccoli
Nothing elegant about this. Just decent food, which is good for you, good for the animals, and good for the planet. You ought to try it.
What Goes In It:
- a package of tofu, extra firm
- 2 T. soy or peanut oil
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 1 small onion: chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- some salt
- some pepper
- some chile flakes or a chopped up, fresh chile
What to do:
- get a block of extra firm tofu.
- get a plate, place some paper towels on it. Place the tofu on the paper towels. Place some paper towels on top. Place a large stock pot full of water on top, to squeeze out the extra water. This should take about an hour.
- Slice the tofu into chunks. Deep fry in clear oil at 375 degrees. Drain on paper towels or a cake rack.
- Stir fry florets in a wok or a heavy skillet, with chopped onions, garlic, salt, pepper and chile flakes
- you can serve over rice or pasta, or eat as is...