Doug's Chili Powder #1
How to Make It:
- Get some fresh peppers (haberanos, jalapenos, whatever).
- Get a really sharp knife.
- Slice the peppers thinly.
- If you have a dehydrator, use that. If not, get a cooking rack, cover it with paper towels and put in front of a small fan.
- Spread the slices of peppers on the paper towels. It should take about 10 or 12 hours to completely dry out the peppers.
- When they are dry, use a coffee grinder to grind the slices finely. Put in either a shaker or an air-tight jar.