Doug's Sort-of-Odd Chicken Curry No. 1
I don't remember where I got this. Southern Living, I think.
What Goes In It:
- 6 chicken breasts: cut into small chunks
- 2 garlic cloves: sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 4-6 pepper corns or ground pepper
- 1 t. of salt
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 onion sliced
- 1/2 cup of chopped celery
- 1 apple chopped
- 3 T. of butter
- 1 and 1/2 T. of "generic" curry powder
- 1/2 t. chili powder
- 3 T. flour
- 1/4 t. mace
- 1/4 t. allspice
- 1/4 t. nutmeg
- 1/4 t. cinnamon
- 1/4 t. cloves: ground
What to do:
- Combine the first five ingredients in cold water. Boil, reduce, simmer for 45 minutes or so. Let chicken cool then cut into chunks.
- Saute veggies. Add seasonings. Cook for a few minutes and add broth.
- Puree in blender. Return to pan, add flour, cook until thick.
- Add mace and next four ingredients, plus chicken.
- serve with rice
Last updated: The Ides of March, 2001