Doug's Stirfried Green Beans with Chiles
Nothing elegant about this. Just decent food, which is good for you, good for the animals, and good for the planet. You ought to try it.
What Goes In It:
- a pound of fresh green beans
- 2 T. soy or peanut oil
- 1 small onion or scallion, or shallots: chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- some salt
- some pepper
- some chile flakes or a chopped up, fresh chile
What to do:
- clean and "de-string" the beans.
- chop them into chunks, about 1 inch.
- heat a wok and add oil. When it starts to smoke, put in the beans.
- stir fry for a few (2-3) minutes, so they are crunchy, not mushy.
- add the onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and chiles. Stir briefly.
- you can serve over rice or pasta, or eat as is... It pretty damn good!
If you wanted to, you could stir in black bean sauce. That works, too.