Welcome, whether you are a student or an instructor, you will find information, resources, and links in this site about a variety of topics related to the practice of college and professional writing.
The Department of Literature and Language offers several courses devoted to the study of academic writing and research:
- ENGL 1010 and ENGL 1020. ETSU requires that students take ENGL 1010 during the first eligible semester they are enrolled.
- ENGL 1010L: A learning support version of ENGL 1010.
- ENGL 1018 and ENGL 1028: Honors composition courses.
- ENGL 1006/1007 and ENGL 1008/1009: English as a second language composition courses.
For students who would like to continue their study of academic and professional writing beyond the freshman level:
- ENGL 3130: Advanced Composition.
- ENGL 3134: Computers, Writing, and Literature
Thank you for visiting Composition@ETSU. If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions regarding this website, please use the contact information listed in the bottom right corner of this page.
Dr. Michael Briggs
What is the value of a college education? Is it just to get a good job, or can it be something more?
"No one more sincerely wishes the spread of information among mankind than I do, and none has greater confidence in its effect towards supporting free & good government." --Thomas Jefferson