- Academic Programs
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
Criteria for selection in no particular order
- Academic record;
- Courses taken;
- Previous research experience (some experience is good, too much is bad);
- Self identification as a female, underrepresented minority, or physically challenged participant;
- Potential for this REU to "add value" to your background;
- Strength of letters of recommendation;
- Nature of statement of purpose (last question on form);
- Willingness to present and publish work done;
- Evidence of work in a team environment (attach a resume if you have one!!).
It is preferred to assemble REU teams that contain students from a variety of schools. This diversity adds great value to the experience. Only four times in 24 years there have been two students from the same school during the same year.