We are pleased to welcome new tenure-track faculty member Dr. Nicole Lewis. Dr. Lewis received her Ph.D. from the University of South Carolina in Statistics earlier this year. She earned her bachelor's degree from ETSU, also with a concentration in Statistics, in 2006.
Also joining us this year as a "new" Lecturer is ETSU graduate John Hicks. Mr. Hicks has served the department for several years in numerous roles--graduate assistant, adjunct faculty member, and full time adjunct. He is also currently pursuing a Ph.D. at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, in his spare time!
Notable Activities of Our Students!
Jessie Deering received the 2012-2013 Faculty Award, Outstanding Student
Jessie Deering and William Jamieson won the Outstanding Undergraduate in Mathematics Award
Tabitha McCoy received the 2012-2013 Outstanding Graduate Student Award
Undergraduate student Cade Herron presented his work on "A Graph Theoretic Model of the Nucleotide Binding Domain 1" at the Annual Meeting of the Midsouth Computational Biology Society at the University of Mississippi held March, 2012
Undergraduate student Jessica Lunsford presented her work at the SUMS Conference at James Madison University which garnered a prize!
1. Robert Beeler and Clayton Walvoort*, "Peg Solitaire on Trees"
2. Robert Beeler and Aaron Gray*, "Peg Solitaire on Generalized Helm, Web, Gear, and Wheel Graphs"
3. Wesley Surber* and Robert Gardner, "Restricted and Unrestricted Hexagon Coverings of Complete Bipartite Graphs"
4. Andre Campbell* and Anant Godbole, "Universal Cycles for Labeled Posets and Words"
5. Michelle Champlin, Anant Godbole, and Beverly Tomlinson*, "Universal Cycles of Complementary Classes"
6. Michael Donders (Rutgers) and Anant Godbole*, "Tiling Probability Models and t-Covering Arrays"
7. Tabitha McCoy*, Teresa Haynes, and Stephen Hedetniemi (Clemson), "Cost Effective Domination in Graphs"
8. Tony Rodriguez*, Teresa Haynes, and Stephen Hedetniemi (Clemson), "Very Cost Effective Domination in Graphs"
9. Inna Vasylieva*, Teresa Haynes, and Stephen Hedetniemi (Clemson), "Very Cost Effective Partitions in Graphs"
10. Isaac Justus*, Teresa Haynes, and Stephen Hedetniemi (Clemson), "Upper Bounds on Degree-Type Vertices in Trees"
Chelsea Ross (undergraduate) and Alissa Rockney (graduate) paper appeared in ISRN Bioinformatics. The paper was co-authored by Jeff and Debra Knisley.
Cade Herron's solution to problem 669 in the Mathematics Journal The Pentagon was published in the Spring 2012 issue. This was his second publication in the journal as his solution to problem 665 was also published in the Fall 2011 issue. Congratulations Cade!
Notable Activities of Our Faculty!
Edith Seier was selected as an ETSU Notable Woman for the 2012-2013 academic year.
Teresa Haynes won the Graduate Studies Outstanding Mentor Award for the 2012-2013 academic year.
Anant Godbole was selected to serve as an editor of ISRN Combinatorics.
Debra Knisley was elected to the Board of Directors of MCBIOS.
Outstanding Mathematics/Statistics Faculty (2012-2013): Teresa Haynes (Teaching), Debbie Knisley & Jeff Knisley (Research),
Yali Liu (Service), Corlis Robe (Teacher)