- About Us
- Current Initiatives
- Current Issues
- Middle School Math & Science Scholars Program
- Governor's School
- Contact Us
Welcome from the Director
Welcome to the ETSU Center of Excellence in Mathematics and Science Education (CEMSE). Founded in 2005, the Center is a collaborative partnership between the College of Arts and Sciences and the Claudius G. Clemmer College of Education. Whether you are a student, potential student, K-12 educator, higher education faculty member, or STEM educator colleague, we trust that you will find information of value at this site. In particular, you will learn here about some of the exciting projects and activities supported by the Center. Our VISION is
To achieve excellence in STEM education at all levels, K - 16.
We believe that we can achieve excellence in STEM teaching and learning as well as help shape public policy in STEM education at all levels. You will notice how actively we collaborate with faculty members from our governing Colleges, and indeed from STEM-related departments and units across the university.
CEMSE continues to receive substantial grant support to help support its goals. Our efforts are multi-pronged and include
- Conducting research on effective classroom learning and teaching;
- Actively engaging in STEM professional development in a fashion that is aligned with local, state, and national priorities and guidelines;
- Supporting undergraduate and graduate research, as well as undergraduate and graduate education in STEM;
- Promoting integrated learning across the disciplines using STEM as a focus;
- Enabling our colleagues across campus to include STEM learning as a component of their research proposals; and
- Facilitating workforce development and increased STEM participation by members of underrepresented groups.
ETSU has always stood for excellence in math and science teaching and learning. As we extend our reach into the disciplinary and interdisciplinary realm of STEM, my colleagues and I look forward to a new decade of excellence. Towards 2025!
Anant Godbole , Executive Director
ETSU Center of Excellence in Mathematics and Science Education