1. Apply for general admission to the university. Information about applying to ETSU can be found at:
2. Once you have been accepted to the university at large, you must audition for the Department of Music with the instrumental faculty.
3. Once you have auditioned, you will receive a letter notifying you of your acceptance or rejection to the ETSU Department of Music no later than a month after the audition date. Information regarding scholarships which have been awarded may arrive in a separate mailing.
4. If you are accepted as a music major or minor and/or you are awarded a scholarship, you must return the appropriate acceptance forms by the stated due date. Failure to do so may forfeit your admission and/or all scholarship awards.
5. Once you have returned your acceptance forms, you will receive further information on how to prepare for the coming year. An academic adviser will be assigned to you, and you may contact him/her with questions. ETSU Admissions will provide information to you about the university at large. A letter explaining the time, date, and location of the required orientation for the Department of Music will be mailed to you over the summer.
Students who are seeking admittance to the Bachelor of Music program as a major or minor need only to schedule one audition for the purpose of both admission to the degree program and for scholarship consideration.
Students who will not be majoring in music but wish to be considered for scholarship funding through the instrumental music program will also need to schedule and follow the same process (see above).
Academic Performance Scholarships and Public Performance Scholarships:
Incoming freshmen and transfer students are eligible for the Academic Performance Scholarship and Public Performance Scholarship. Faculty members will automatically consider you for these scholarships when you audition. Questions can be discussed with the faculty members.
Auditions for Scholarships for the 2015-2016 Academic Year:
To schedule an audition, complete the Scholarship Application Form and return it to Dr. Rande Sanderbeck
Audition Repertoire Requirements for Returning (Current) Student Scholarship Auditions:
Woodwinds, Brass, and Strings:
You must provide your own accompanist for all auditions.