- Academic Programs
- Professional Development Conference
- Self-Care Initiative
- Student Resources
- Contact Us
East Tennessee Foundation is happy to announce that the Ellyn Lancaster Scholarship is once again available for the 2017-18 academic year!
Ellyn Lancaster Scholarship
- Purpose and History: This scholarship was established in 2013 by Ellyn Lancaster, one of our own BSW graduates!
The purpose to assist non-traditional aged “women in transition” to pursue a Bachelors
of Social Work (BSW) or a Masters of Social Work (MSW). The winner will earn a $2,000
scholarship! Applicants must be a full-time ETSU BSW or MSW student who resides in
Washington, Greene or Sullivan counties; is a returning adult student (high school
graduate, GED recipient, or current college student); and who demonstrates financial
need. There is no minimum GPA. For more information:
- Scholarship Amount: $2,000 one-time award for one year (amount subject to change)
- Eligibility Requirements:
- Residency Requirement: Washington County, Greene County, or Sullivan County
- Education Requirement: Returning adult student: high school graduate or GED recipient, or current college student
- Field of Study: Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) or Masters of Social Work (MSW)
- GPA Minimum: Not applicable
- College/Enrollment Requirement: Full-time enrollment at East Tennessee State University pursuing a Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) of Masters of Social Work (MSW) degree.
- Must demonstrate financial need
Scholarship information, including detailed descriptions and application instructions, as well as 2017 applications, will be available on our website, www.easttennesseefoundation.org beginning November 1, 2016. The scholarship application must be completed and submitted online. The online applicant tutorial can be found here.
Please note: The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) opens October 1, 2016.
The application deadline for the Ellyn Lancaster Scholarship is February 15, 2017.
Please feel free to contact Beth Heller with any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or toll-free at (877) 524-1223.