The Center for Banking's vision and mission statements are inline with those of the College of Business and Technology.
of the Center for Banking is to be nationally recognized as a leader in quality banking education in the region.
The mission of the Center for Banking is to provide quality education and to promote and support economic and technical development in our region. By
- Providing students with the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to enhance career opportunities and encourage lifelong learning.
- Advancing knowledge in academic and professional communities through research, creative and scholarly activities.
- Providing support and leadership to our banking and business communities.
- Developing and promoting partnerships with business, industry, government and higher education
The ETSU Center for Banking is a resource for students, bankers, and researchers on banking topics. It was established in 1986, with financial assistance from the State of Tennessee, in the University's College of Business. The purposes of the Center are to:
- provide an educated workforce to the region's banking industry,
- stimulate student interest in banking careers through internships and research assistantships,
- present seminars and conferences on banking topics for practitioners, regulators and academicians,
- develop and disseminate regional and local banking and financial data,
- sponsor and publish research on regional banking and public policy issues, and
- consult with banks on issues of concern.
- The Center houses a large volume of information resources for use by students, bankers and researchers.
These include an extensive database of financial information on banks and a large number of periodicals, journals, and books on banking topics. In addition, the Center also receives publications from the Federal Reserve, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, the FDIC, and the Office of Thrift Supervision.