Alumni Return to the Classroom
The College of Business and Technology's Office of External Programs and Outreach is proud to participate in the annual Alumni Return to the Classroom event sponsored by the ETSU Alumni Association. Usually held on the Friday of Homecoming Week, Alumni Return to the Classroom has become the one special day of the year when selected alumni are invited back to campus to speak to students about their careers and the future of the job market in their chosen fields. These "Professors for a Day" share developments in their businesses with current students and offer insights into their professions.
For several years running, the College of Business and Technology has proudly welcomed back alumni from a cross section of industry, including insurance, hospitality, accounting, construction/development, banking, healthcare, retail, fashion merchandising, government, military, and surveying. Throughout the week preceding Homecoming at the university, alumni visit classrooms or participate in panel discussions, sharing how their educations here at the College of Business and Technology have positively impacted their lives and their work.
Some questions which panelists may encounter from students include:
1. How did you choose your career path?
2. In the current economic climate, what is your best advice for job seekers?
3. What do you look for in a candidate when hiring?
4. What methodologies have you used since leaving ETSU to expand your professional network?
5. What is the best decision you made as a student at ETSU?
6. What implications did this decision have on your future career/employment?
7. What classes did you find especially helpful to you as you launched your career?
8. What is a typical day like in your chosen field/industry?
9. What are key strategies for success during the first year on a new job?
10.How have your experiences at ETSU impacted your career - short term and long term?
If you are interested in serving as a "guest lecturer" as part of Alumni Return to the Classroom event, please contact Dr. Tom Moore, Assistant Dean for External Programs and Outreach at firstname.lastname@example.org.