Alumni Return to the Classroom
The College of Business and Technology's Office of External
Programs and Outreach is proud to participate in the annual Alumni
Return to the Classroom event sponsored by the ETSU Alumni
Association. Usually held on the Friday of Homecoming Week, Alumni
Return to the Classroom has become the one special day of the year
when selected alumni are invited back to campus to speak to
students about their careers and the future of the job market in
their chosen field. These "Professors for a Day" share developments
in their businesses with current students and offer insight into
For several years running, the College of Business and Technology
has proudly welcomed back alumni from a cross section of industry,
including insurance, hospitality, accounting,
construction/development, banking, healthcare, retail, fashion
merchandising, government, military, and surveying. Throughout the
week preceding Homecoming at the university, alumni visit
classrooms or participate in panel discussions, sharing how their
educations here at the College of Business and Technology have
positively impacted their lives and their work.
Some questions which panelists may encounter from students include:
1. How did you choose your career path?
2. In the current economic climate, what is your best advice for
3. What do you look for in a candidate when hiring?
4. What methodologies have you used since leaving ETSU to expand
your professional network?
5. What is the best decision you made as a student at ETSU?
6. What implications did this decision have on your future
7. What classes did you find especially helpful to you as you
launched your career?
8. What is a typical day like in your chosen field/industry?
9. What are key strategies for success during the first year on
a new job?
10.How have your experiences at ETSU impacted your career -
short term and long term?
If you are interested in serving as a "guest lecturer" as part of
Alumni Return to the Classroom event, please contact Dr. Tom Moore,
Assistant Dean for External Programs and Outreach at