- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
- Faculty and Staff
- Department Information
- Other Links
- Contact Us
ETSU's UIT Proficiency Exam & CSCI 1100
The proficiency exam is provided for those students who have developed the skills presented in CSCI 1100 through job training, previous education, and/or experience. Windows 7, Microsoft's Office 365, and a modern internet browser are the packages used and tested on. A passing grade will complete your obligation for ETSU's UIT graduation requirement.
- There is no charge to take the proficiency exam.
- Students only have ONE attempt to pass. If a student does not pass, they must complete CSCI 1100 to satisify the UIT graduation requirement.
- If a student has taken CSCI 1100, students are not eligible for the proficiency exam.
- If a student wishes to improve their CSCI 1100 grade, they must retake the CSCI 1100 course.
- The proficiency exam is pass/fail (P/F) and provides no credit hours on the students transcript.
- The exam will have a multiple choice section and a Microsoft Word and Excel practicum.
- A passing score of 70 and above is needed for the multiple choice section, while the pacticum is (P/F).
- Students must pass both sections to complete the Proficiency Requirement.