- Review and share information on academic and other matters of concern pertinent to the management and leadership of academic departments;
- Mentor new chairs;
- Review and discuss policies, guidelines, and other matters impacting the institution's academic mission, academic leadership, academic standards, academic effectiveness, and faculty; and
- Contribute to University matters through Academic Council and President’s Council.
Chairs of Academic Departments
Executive Committee Membership
- The college chair representative is elected by the college’s chairs and serves a three-year term.
- The Chair, Council of Academic Chairs, is elected from the executive committee membership for one-year terms and is eligible to continue in this role for a total of three years.
Executive Committee Terms
- Staggered three-year terms
- College of Medicine chose one-year terms
Chair, CAC Executive Committee Duties
- Sets agendas
- Holds monthly meetings of the Executive Committee
- Plans and implement CAC meeting(s)
- Represents the CAC on Academic Council and President’s Council
- Distributes information and garners input from the CAC membership
- Meets with the Provost monthly
- Submits a year’s end wrap-up report to the Provost regarding the agendas, discussions, and actions of the Council of Chairs.
- Chair of Chairs benefit in recognition of his/her work: one course release per year or equivalency (adjunct salary) in travel