To expand opportunities for early childhood professionals through career development and higher education support.
To provide professional development that nurtures the growth of individuals in a community of learners through an articulated statewide higher education system, resulting in the highest quality early childhood experiences for all of Tennessee's children.
TECTA is a statewide system established to provide affordable professional development with academic degree credit possibilities for Tennessee's early childhood education personnel. This project is funded by the Center of Excellence for Learning Sciences at Tennessee State University through a contract with the Tennessee Department of Human Services.
- Free 30-hour Orientations which meet annual DHS training requirements in 5 specialized areas: Administrator, Center-Based (preschool), Infant/Toddler, Family Childcare, School-Age
- Tuition Assistance to pursue early childhood degrees at select two and four year
- Support for the CDA Credential including financial support and mentoring
- Services and instruction to obtain the Tennessee Early Childhood Program Administrator Credential (TECPAC)
- Technical support for accreditation
To learn more about TECTA, please visit the state website at: www.tecta.info