- Undergraduate Academic Programs
- Counseling Graduate Programs
- Human Services Graduate Programs
- ETSU Service Learning
- ETSU America Reads Challenge
- ETSU Community Counseling Clinic
- Faculty and Staff
- CHS News
- Helpful Links
- Education Technology Resource Center
- Contact Us
The mission of the Department of Counseling and Human Services in the Claudius G. Clemmer College of Education at East Tennessee State University is to prepare competent, ethical, self-reflective and caring counseling and human services professionals who are committed to improving the human condition through supportive, therapeutic, educational, and counseling services and who advocate to improve accessibility, accountability, and coordination of services for all.
The purpose of the Department of Counseling and Human Services is to prepare competent and caring professionals to work in a range of settings (profit and non-profit agencies, PK-12 schools, higher education, elder care programs, etc.) serving clients across the lifespan and from a variety of backgrounds; to contribute to the knowledge base in the social/behavioral sciences, human development, counseling and human services; and to provide service to the counseling and human service professions, the Clemmer College of Education, East Tennessee State University, and the community.
The goals of the Department of Counseling and Human Services are to:
- assist our students in acquiring and applying knowledge, skills, and awareness of self and others in relation to exemplary professional practice;
- assist our students in expanding their knowledge of social issues and social justice toward a commitment to improving the overall quality of life of the populations they serve;
- integrate service learning at East Tennessee State University through leadership and collaboration with ETSU programs and offices; and
- provide opportunities for faculty to expand their knowledge and skills, as well as, contribute to the knowledge base of the social/behavioral sciences and human development disciplines, and counseling and human service professions.