Interdisciplinary Minor in Leadership Studies
Students completing the Leadership Minor will be prepared to lead in any organization. It provides that competitive edge wanted by most employers today in business, nonprofit, government, health care, education, manufacturing, and e-commerce. The need for good leadership skills crosses the boundaries of different jobs no matter how diverse the challenges.
The minor consists of 21 credits and a portfolio.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
What will be in your "skill-set" when you complete this minor???
1. Knowledge of self through an intense journey of personal awareness and feedback.
2. Ability to act within your core values.
3. Ability to align your organization's purpose to its core values.
4. Ability to create an ethic of service to others as a citizen-leader.
5. Knowledge of cultural differences and their influence on social systems.
6. Ability to execute your highest priority.
7. Foundational understanding of the historical development of leadership theories for application today.
8. Knowledge of organizations and the interactions of its members.
What student's say ..........
"I was amazed at how much I learned about myself."
"I can see myself in some of the case studies and now know how to better handle those situations."
"I now have a great skill-set for growing as a leader."
"I am using these new skills in my current job and can already see the difference it makes."
"My job interviewers were interested in talking to me because of the minor."
"The journal entries we completed for class were eye-opening. Connecting everything you learn in class to your observable group is fascinating. You use everything you learn in this class!"
Futurists predict job skills for 21st century.
An expert panel of 100 thought leaders of the quality movement from around the globe shared critical skills needed for success in this new economy. Those skills include:
Changing values from individualistic to collaborative.
Globalization of the marketplace.
Increased focus on quality and customers.
Social responsibility - global citizenship.
21st century technology
Ability to lead in the 21st century framework.
Convinced?? Want to see an advisor?
Contact: Dr. Deborah Harley at firstname.lastname@example.org