_________________Jill P. Fernandez_________________
East Tennessee State, University School, Box 70632, Johnson City, TN 37614, firstname.lastname@example.org
~ Dedicated to providing a quality education for all students,
with the passion and commitment to ensure their future success~
Career Development and Leadership
East Tennessee State University, College of Education, University School, 2011 – present, Middle School Mathematics Instructor, (grades 7 and 8) Johnson City, TN
Buncombe County School System 2004 – 2011, Teacher of Mathematics (grade 7, Inclusion and Gifted) Asheville, NC
Fulton County School System 2000 – 2003, Teacher of Mathematics, Social Studies, Science (grade 6) Alpharetta, GA
The School District of Osceola County 1997 – 2000, Teacher of Mathematics (grade 6) Kissimmee, FL
The Orlando Sentinel 1992 – 1997, Writer/Correspondent (Volusia and Lake County) Orlando, FL
Education and Certification
Master of Science in Education, Technology in the Mathematics Classroom, Walden University, Minneapolis, MN
Bachelor of Arts in Communications, Concentration, Public Relations, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN
The State of Tennessee, Department of Education, License valid 08/17/2011 - 08/31/2016, Middle Grades 4-8, and Speech Communications 7-12, Highly Qualified
State of North Carolina, State Board of Education, Department of Public Instruction License valid 07/01/2013 - 06/30/2018, Middle School Mathematics and Social Studies, Grades 6-9, Highly Qualified
Georgia Professional Standards Commission, Georgia Educator Certificate, valid 07/06/2010 - 06/30/2015, Middle Grades Math and Social Science, Grades 4-8
State of Florida Department of Education, Professional Educator’s Certificate, valid 07/01/2009 - 06/30/2014, Middle Grades Mathematics, Grades 5-9, and Speech, Grades 6-12
Buncombe County Schools, Academically Gifted Endorsement, 2004
Florida Department of Education, Empowering E.S.O.L. Teachers Endorsement 1999
Professional Association Memberships
· Maintain a quality learning atmosphere through an effective discipline policy.
· To provide students the ability to grasp mathematical concepts through a unique and appropriate curriculum presentation.
· To inspire and motivate students toward discovering knowledge and choice as powerful influences in their lives.
· Effectively integrate technology in the mathematics classroom to support and enrich student success.
· Seek new and innovative ways to incorporate changes in education in the 21 st century