Tri-Cities Financial Aid Night / ETSU Open House will be held on October 18th and November 1st. There will be presentations from ETSU financial aid office, scholarship office, and the Tennessee Student Assistance Corporation. These information sessions will be from 1:30-2:15 pm and 2:30-3:15 pm on October 18th and November 1st
On Saturday, September 20th, Congressman Phil Roe will be hosting a Military Service Academy Day for students and their parents who would like to learn about the educational opportunities available at the United States Service Academies and through collegiate ROTC programs. The event will be held at Walters State Community College, located at 500 South Davy Crockett Parkway, Morristown TN. Registration begins at 9:30 a. m. and the event will run until noon.
- Attention: All High School Girls interested in playing BASKETBALL, there will be Open gym in the school gym, starting Monday, September 8th, from 4 - 5:30. High School Girls Basketball
- Congratulations to the
Boys Middle School Cross Country
team for their win at the 8th annual Run-Fer-Da-Hills meet in Bristol. Jeb Jones - Boys 1st finisher, Chloe Cradic - Girls 1st finisher, and Nick Daniel - 1st finisher in Elementary. Way to go, Bucs!!!
- Congratulations to the men's and women's
High School Cross Country
team who had a strong showing in South Carolina. The women's team was led by Cora Allison followed by Bekah Owen, Ashley Daniels, Chloe Graves and Grace Owen. The men's team was lead by Pablo Rivas, followed by Cannon Pack, Cooper Pack, David Fragerberg, Lewis Wessner, Nick Pohlgeers, Caleb Turner, Ramiro Rodriguez, James Briest, and Kalin Sokell. The Junior Bucs will be back in action this Saturday in Roanoke, VA. Way to go team!
- Attention: All High School Boys interested in playing BASKETBALL this season: Conditioning will begin September 29th & October 1st, from 10:00-11:45 a.m. both days. The following week, conditioning will take place each day after school leading up to tryouts on October 27th. Attendance is expected of all boys wanting to tryout this season. Meet in Brooks Gym, Room 108 (weight room). All players MUST have a
on file with the school before participating. See or e-mail Coach Penley (firstname.lastname@example.org
) with any questions.
High School Boys Basketball
PLAN Testing for Sophomores:
The PLAN (pre-ACT) will be taken by all Sophomores during the school day on Tuesday, October 7, 2014. The PLAN is a mandatory exam required by the state and is administered free-of-charge. The PLAN gives predictor scores for the ACT, as well as excellent study information for obtaining the best possible score on the ACT.
PSAT Testing for Juniors:
The PSAT (pre-SAT) will be given on October 15, 2014 and is recommended for Juniors as excellent practice for the SAT. The PSAT must also be taken in the Junior year in order to qualify as a National Merit Scholar. Although the PSAT is recommended for Juniors, registration is open to other grade levels as well. The PSAT will provide a predictor score for the SAT as well as study information. The cost for this exam is $17 (checks payable to University School only). Students must register with Ms. Robinson and pay for the exam at the time of registration. Students may register between October 2 and 13—no earlier. Registration will be on a first come, first served basis and will open to other schools on October 3.
Driver Training, Inc.
will be returning to University High, September 15 - October 1, 2014. The classroom portion is only for two weeks. We are allowed an additional week or two for us to complete the behind the wheel for everyone. The cost is $350 per student. DTI is Safety Cooperative Driver Testing Program (CDTP) certified, and offers Tennessee DOS approved driving instruction in the classroom and behind-the-wheel. Being CDTP certified allows us to administer the knowledge test for a learner's permit and the road skills test after completing the course for driver education. You can avoid the three month waiting list for a road test at the Department of Safety. In addition to avoiding long lines, completing our course will secure a $500.00 per year reduction on your car insurance for your new teen driver. Driver Training Inc. is the only CDTP approved school within the Tri-cities. View
Driver Training, Inc. Website
for more information
Kindergarten & 7th Grade immunization requirements: Parents please note that University School must have a Certificate of Immunization completed and returned before October 2nd. The following information details what is required:
Printable Immunization Requirement Information
Printable Copy of Certificate of Immunization (example)
Bowling over Break!
The University High School Boys' Basketball team will be hosting Cosmic Bowling on Friday, September 26th, from 5:00 - 9:00 p.m., at Holiday Lanes in Johnson City (across from Target). There will be *tons* of prizes such as passes to Trampoline Park, Gatlinburg attractions, gas card, manicures, passes to Grab Some Fun Airsoft, movie tickets, restaurants, The Mall, and more......TWEET TWEET TWEET!!! ALL TICKETS CAN WIN PRIZES! NEED NOT BE PRESENT TO WIN! GRAND PRIZE BEATS PRO BY DR. DRE------ $399 VALUE! Tickets are only $15 and can be purchased from any of our UH Bucs Basketball players. Everyone welcome:) TEXT 797.0876 for details.
- Fall Break is coming up! It's time to start thinking about.......INTERSESSION!!!! At Girls Inc. Johnson City, September 11th - 26th, 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Friends, Field Trips and Fun!!! See Miss Kaley for details (423) 767-3235
- The Johnson City Police Department and ETSU Public Safety want to remind students of traffic safety concerns around the ETSU campus. State of Franklin Road at ETSU is a major roadway with a high volume of traffic. Students should utilize the foot bridge at the Mini Dome or cross walks at intersections when crossing State of Franklin Road. University Parkway is also a four-lane road with a significant amount of traffic. Students should yield to pedestrians in cross walks and observe speed limits on campus and on surrounding city roadways. The Johnson City Police Department will be enforcing speeding, jaywalking and other traffic laws to help ensure a safe environment for the students at ETSU.
Thank you for your cooperation and assuring the safety of all students, faculty, and staff
- Student Drivers - The new Parking Decals have arrived. Please see
Boxtop Bonus!!!!! Please check out the
General Mills Promotion Webpage
for an awesome deal that should bring in TONS of Box Tops that will benefit our school! Thanks! Kara Pollock, University School Foundation Boxtop Coordinator
- The ETSU Parking Services office has moved! We are now at our new location in the old Public Safety building at 132 Stout Drive. Our building is located at the corner of Stout Drive and University Parkway in front of Centennial Hall. There is a drive-through entrance on Stout Drive, and the drive-through window will be available beginning Wednesday, August 20, 2014, for your convenience.
ETSU Parking Services Website
- All students and employees will be receiving Flu Shot information in the next few days. The Health Department will be coming to University School to give flu shots again this year. Forms are to be returned by August 22nd
Parent Information Letter
Student Consent Form
Adult Consent Form
Printable Information -
Influenza Vaccine, What You Need to Know
Earning for Learning! Participation during August 1st - September 14th, 2014, could
Win Up to $10,000 for University School
! All you have to do is bring your receipts from any Mall at Johnson City store to the mall' Guest Services Center to turn dollars into points. Each dollar you spend counts as a point. At the end of the program the top five schools with the highest dollar per student ratio will win CASH prizes! Select stores will be posted weekly for DOUBLE POINTS on purchases from those particular stores. Purchase a mall gift card and receive TRIPLE POINTS! The top five schools with the highest dollar per student ratio win! See
Mall at Johnson City webpage for more information
- Please check University School
Lost & Found