Salaries and Benefits
- R-I $ 47,209.00
- R-II $ 48,618.00
- R-III $ 50,359.00
* Tennessee does not have a state income tax.
- Health: Single or Family coverage. Premiums shared by the university and the resident.
- Life: Basic life of $50,000 available for the resident only.
- Disability: Monthly benefits of $1,000 after 90 days of disability for resident only.
- Malpractice: Coverage provided at no cost to residents for educational activities.
- 15 days of annual leave per year
- 12 sick days per year, accrued monthly
- *5 days of educational leave per year
- 5 days of administrative leave in total
All leave must comply with ABFM Policy absence from the program for vacation, illness, personal business, leave, etc., must not exceed 21 days per academic year. Osteopathic residents in dually accredited programs will be expected to abide by the policies of both bodies, ABFM and ACOFP. (*Not included in the 21-day limit.)
- AAFP and AOA membership dues are paid.
- Residents are financially supported to attend at least one TAFP meeting during their residency and osteopathic residents in the AOA Residency program are partially supported to attend one AOA Conference.
- Residents receive approximately $500/year educational fund.
- Residents are provided two monogrammed lab coats.
- ACLS, PALS, NRP and S.T.A.B.L.E. are provided to all incoming R-I residents during pre-orientation. ATLS is available at a reduced cost. ACLS and PALS renewals are provided during residency if needed.
- On-call meals.
- Credit Union membership is available.
- Free parking.
- Moonlighting permitted for R-II and R-III residents, who are US graduates, within departmental and ACGME guidelines.
- Sick Leave Bank.