Internal Medicine Home
Seven board certified general internists compose the staff of the Division of General Internal Medicine at the Quillen Veteran Affairs Medical Center. Two of our physicians are double-boarded, one in infectious diseases and one in pulmonary medicine while another is triple-boarded in nephrology and geriatrics.
Two of the faculties are assigned to the general medicine outpatient clinics; five are full time attending physicians on the medical ward teams while the other coordinates the medical-surgical consultation service.
The scope of our activities in outpatient clinics:
• Direct care of patients assigned to their panel.
• Provide coordination of home care for confined patients.
• Coordinate admissions to the Hospitalist service and post hospital follow-up.
The Hospitalist service:
• Provide around the clock coverage for ward residents and patients.
• Conduct daily ward rounds, as well as teaching rounds.
• Procter procedures performed by resident staff.
• Assist house staff in meeting their research requirements for example case reports and presentations for local and national meetings.
• Provide didactic instruction as needed in Harrison's Club, noon conferences and internal medicine journal club.
• Provide medical services for the nursing home on weekends and nights.