Seven board certified general internists compose the staff of the Division of General Internal Medicine at the Quillen Veteran Affairs Medical Center. Two of our physicians are double-boarded, one in infectious diseases and one in pulmonary medicine while another is triple-boarded in nephrology and geriatrics.
Two of the faculties are assigned to the
general medicine outpatient clinics; five are full time attending
physicians on the medical ward teams while the other coordinates
the medical-surgical consultation service.
The scope of our activities in outpatient clinics:
• Direct care of patients assigned to their panel.
• Provide coordination of home care for confined patients.
• Coordinate admissions to the
Hospitalist service and post hospital follow-up.
The Hospitalist service:
• Provide around the clock coverage for ward residents and patients.
• Conduct daily ward rounds, as well as teaching rounds.
• Procter procedures performed by resident staff.
• Assist house staff in meeting their research requirements for example case reports and presentations for local and national meetings.
• Provide didactic instruction as needed in Harrison's Club, noon conferences and internal medicine journal club.
• Provide medical services for the nursing home on weekends and nights.