Office: Carl A. Jones, Building 1
Phone: (423) 439-6362
Graduate: MBBS, Medical College Calcutta in Kolkata India, 2004
Residency: Internal Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN
Fellowship: Medical Oncology, Department of Internal Medicine, College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University, Johnson City, TN
-American Board of Internal Medicine, 2010
-Medical Oncology Board Certification, 2012
-American College of Physicians
-American Medical Association
-American Society of Clinical Oncology
-American Society of Hematology
-American Association of Cancer Research
-American Association of Advancement of Science
-Tennessee Oncology Practice Society
-Outstanding fellow award from East Tennessee State University for cancer research work in the annual meeting of Tennessee Oncology Practice Society in 09/2012
-Paul E Perlman award for research excellence from the department of Internal Medicine, Quillen College of Medicine, East Tennessee State University in the annual graduation ceremony for 2011-2012
-Gold Scholarship by NEJM for winning the extremely prestigious essay contest in celebration of 200th year of publication of NEJM (New England Journal of Medicine) in June, 2012
'The David Daigneault' Award in 2009 during Internal Medicine residency for outstanding clinical skills, superior humanistic qualities, compassion and empathy for patients.
Assessing pleiotropic role of Tocotrienols in proliferation and apoptotic pathways in pancreatic cancer cells in order t0 explore future use in clinical trial as an adjunct to treatment or for prevention.
Exploring innovative ways to bring quality cancer care available to outreach areas across Southern Appalachian and underdeveloped part of the world.
1.Gamma-tocotrienol upregulates the ceramide transporter, Arv-1, in pancreatic cancer cells, accepted for poster presentation at American Association of Cancer Research Annual Meeting in 2013.
2. "Better health owes it to social networking" winner of New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) essay contest for celebration of 200th year of publication of NEJM medical journal scheduled in June, 2012 in Boston, MA.
3. Successful Treatment of Nilotinib-induced Pleural Effusion with Prednisone; Journal of Oncology Pharmacy Practice; accepted in March, 2012.
4. Free Radic Biol Med. 2011 Sep 15; 51(6):1164-74. Epub 2011 Jun 21.Tocotrienols inhibit AKT and ERK activation and suppress pancreatic cancer cell proliferation by suppressing the ErbB2 pathway.
5. South Med J. 2009 Sep; 102(9):977-8. A bone to pick about chest pain
6. A Rare Lung Cancer with Good Outcome. Society of General Internal Medicine, February 2011
7. Pathways to Induce Growth Arrest in Pancreatic Cancer Cell Lines by Downregulation of Her-2/ErbB2 Receptors. Presentation at 102nd meeting of the American Association of Cancer Research, April 2-6, 2011, Orlando, FL
8. Differential effects of Pravastatin and Simvastatin on the Growth of Tumor Cells from Different Organ Sites; PLoS One. 2011;6(12):e28813. Epub 2011 Dec 22.