Molecular Biology Core Facility - Home
The Molecular Biology Core Facility at the James H. Quillen College of Medicine is a state of
the art facility dedicated to furthering the research and educational needs of ETSU and the
surrounding community.We currently offer DNA sequencing, phosphorimaging, microcapillary
and real-time PCR technologies.
We are located in Building 119,
room 3-30 on the VA campus.
In addition, other services exist to support the scientific needs of the community, including:
- An on-site stockroom and discounted rates for commonly used molecular reagents.
- Specialized classes/workshops.
- Outreach to the educational community in the form of lectures and DNA-activity based classes.
- Guidance for sample preparation to obtain optimal sequencing results
- Assistance in interpreting sequence results.
- Consultation for the design of molecular biology projects.
- Primer design for PCR, DNA sequencing and Q-PCR
- Robotic automation for setting up sample plates.
And much, much more!
News and Events
Now offering Mouse Genotyping service
G:box Imager Workshops Scheduled monthly or on an as needed basis