Congratulations 2015 OB/GYN Residents! We are glad to have you.
L to R: Alison Cronin, DO; Alyssa Erskine, MD; Brad Wood, MD
Our hope is to provide an opportunity for patients, as well as health care professionals, to learn about our department. Whether you are a patient, a prospective medical student, or referring healthcare provider, we hope that this site will give you a window into understanding our mission and goal for the ETSU/QCOM Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
In addition to our vibrant community, the department offers a dynamic faculty aided by dedicated, personable residents. Surrounded by the natural beauty of the upper East Tennessee mountains, the delivery of the medical care to Tri-Cities residents is both rewarding and satisfying.
The core of the mission of ETSU and QCOM is the improved healthcare and well-being of women in Northeast Tennessee and Southern Appalachia. The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology Residency Program continues to promote the mission by:
- Training physicians who apply the art of empathetic and efficient care to women of all ages.
- Providing comprehensive primary obstetric and gynecologic care to women of all segments of our region.
- Conducting research and scholarly activity helpful to the evidence-based knowledge which leads to complete primary healthcare.
Our goal of enhanced community healthcare is advanced by:
- State-of-the-art simulation facility
- Clinical research opportunities
- Protected lecture time for faculty, residents, and medical students