- Contact Us
George A. Ford, MD, MS | Assistant Professor
Abstracts and Presentations:
- Congenital Hypothyroidism: world birth population undergoing newborn screening and economic impact. Oral presentation, 9th joint Meeting on Pediatric Endocrinology, Italy, Milan, September 19, 2013
- Obesity and Diabetes in Children. 32nd Annual ETSU Southwest Virginia Pediatric Conference. Abingdon, VA. July 30, 2016.
- Management of Type 1 diabetes at school. 29th Annual School Health Conference. Kingsport, TN. July 29, 2016.
- Type 1 diabetes. 20th Annual Louis A Cancellaro Primary Care Conference. Johnson City, TN. March, 21, 2016.
- Type 1 diabetes. Quillen College of Medicine. East Tennessee State University. Johnson City, TN. January 29, 2016.
- Type 1 diabetes. 31st Annual ETSU Southwest Virginia Pediatric Conference.. Abingdon, VA. August 1, 2015.
- The Trifecta of Law, Parental Authority and Adolescent Autonomy:
- The Case of a Transgender Teen, Portland, OR, February, 23, 2015
- The ability of adolescents to make autonomous medical decisions. Noon Conference, OHSU Pediatric Residency, Portland, OR, January 22, 2014.
- The ability of adolescents to make autonomous medical decisions: The case of Annie. ESTU Pediatric Grand Rounds. Johnson City, TN, November 24, 2014.
- Congenital Hypothyroidism: world birth population undergoing newborn screening and economic impact. PEARL Conference of Northwest Pediatric Endocrinologists, March 6th, 2014.
- Hypercalcemia Hypercalciuria in an Infant. Grand Rounds. Children’s Hospital at Dartmouth. Lebanon, NH, February, 5, 2012
- Promoting Bicycle Safety in Hailey, Idaho. Western Student Medical Research Forum in February, 2007 and UW Annual Medical Student, Poster Session, November, 2007.
- Pharmaceutical influence on the Physician Patient relationship. Mary Gates Research Symposium, Seattle, WA, November, 4th, 2004.
- Transient versus permanent congenital hypothyroidism after age 3 years in infants detected by the first vs. second newborn screening test in Oregon, Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting, San Diego, CA, April 25-28
- Nagavalli, S., Fletterick, R., Ford, GA, Boston, B., and Gianoukakis, Computer Modeling of a Newly Identified THRB Gene Mutation (S350L) Associated with Resistance to Thyroid Hormone in Three Unrelated Patients. Thyroid, 2014 Sep;24(9) doi: 10.1089/thy.2014.00862014. Epub ahead of print 2014 Jul 1.
- Ford GA, Denniston S, Sesser D, Hermerath CA, Skeels MR, LaFranchi SH. Incidence of transient versus permanent congenital hypothyroidism (CH) after age 3 years in infants detected by the first vs. second newborn screening test in Oregon.
- Review Articles
- Ford, GA, LaFranchi, SH. Screening for Congenital Hypothyroidism: A Worldwide View of Strategies. Best Practice and Research Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism, 2014: Mar;28(2):175-87. doi: 10.1016/j.beem.2013.05.008. Epub 2013 Jun 18.
- Ford GA, Denniston S, Sesser D, Hermerath CA, Skeels MR, LaFranchi SH Transient versus permanent congenital hypothyroidism after age 3 years in infants detected by the first vs. second newborn screening test in Oregon. Hormone Research in Pediatrics. (NIHMS808683)
- Research Experience:
- Protein P-21 and its contribution to cellular processes underlying birth defects due to exposure to teratogens, with Dr. Phil Mirkes MD, University of Washington.
- Basic Ethics Curriculum Research, Primary researcher with Dr. Denise Dudzinski PhD, MTS, University of Washington
- Congenital Hypothyroidism and the second newborn metabolic screening in Oregon with
- Dr. LaFranchi MD, Oregon Health and Science University