- Contact Us
Shawn Hollinger, MD | Assistant Professor
Medical Education: Saba University, MD, 2008
Residency: East Tennessee State University, 2011
Fellowship: University of Ottawa, 2014
Abstracts, posters and presentations given at international, national, or regional conferences.
- Retinopathy of prematurity: an oxidative stress neonatal disease. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2016 Jan 1;21:178-191.
- Evaluating the Development, Implementation and Adherence to Local Patent Ductus Arteriosus (PDA) Guideline Childrens Hospital of Eastern Ontario 2014 Resident Research Day
Journal Publications, Chapters or Textbooks
- Accepted November 2014: Retinopathy of Prematurity: A Systems Biology Approach to an Oxidative Stress Neonatal Disease Frontiers in Bioscience, Stone, Shah, Hollinger
Leadership role serving on committees, governing boards in national medical organizations or as a review or editorial board member for a peer reviewed journal.
- Currently serving as Course Director for 4th year Medical Students Quillen College of Medicine Department of Pediatrics
- Helped found a NICU parent support group (called CONNECT) in the Niswonger Childrens Hospital 2015 twice a month parents can come together to share, perform crafts, and learn about general NICU issues
- Blood Saving Working Group 2012/14: Founding member and chair person of the blood saving working group. A group that has developed and implemented clinical guidelines to attempt to minimize blood sampling, blood transfusions and blood stream infections in preterm neonates.
- Pediatric Mortality Review Committee: Monthly meetings at The Ottawa Hospital General Campus, reviewing all neonatal deaths and making recommendations to improve the system/patient care.