Requirements to Apply
The Pediatric Residency Program at East Tennessee State University participates in the
Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). We will only accept applications through ERAS.
The deadline to apply is November 30th of each year.
- USMLE Steps 1 & 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) and Clinical Skills (CS) or NBOME COMLEX Levels 1 & 2 Cognitive Evaluation (CE) and Performance Evaluation (PE) scores are required by the end of January
- Preference will be given to applicants who passed the USMLE or COMLEX exams on first attempt.
- Step 3 is not required but if you have taken it you must have passed on your first attempt
- We only sponsor J-1 Visas
- Previous GME is not required
- We prefer graduation from medical school be within the last two (2) years. If it has been longer than two years, include in writing, what you have been doing in the field of medicine.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation. Letters should be given by someone who has worked with you enough to make an accurate assessment of your abilities. We recommend letters written from the following:
- Pediatric Department Chair or Program Director
- Pediatric Faculty Member
- Non-Pediatric Faculty Member (only 1 of 3)
Other important information:
- Must submit to and pass a criminal background check once you match with our program
- Seven (7) positions available for the 2017-2018 academic year
- We participate in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP)
- Preference will be given to applicants with US clinical experience
We will begin reviewing applications for the 2017-2018 academic year on September 15, 2016.
Applicants chosen to interview with our program will be notified via email through ERAS. Interviews will be held October through December.