AAMC's Careers in Medicine ( CiM)
site is "a career planning program designed to help you choose a medical specialty and select and apply to a residency program. This three phase process will guide you through the elements of career planning, including self-understanding, exploring a variety of medical careers, and finally choosing a specialty to meet your career objectives. You can:
- Learn about making a good specialty choice through informative articles and useful tools
- Complete online self-assessments to help you identify your values, interests, skills, personality and practice needs
- Maintain your assessment results in a secure, confidential Personal Profile
- Review extensive career information for over 100 specialties through the CiM Specialty Pages
- Access decision-making tools designed to help your select a specialty to residency programs
- View timelines, sample CV's and residency interview questions to help you in applying to residency programs
As a compliment to the CiM site, the QCOM Career Exploration program guides you through each year's activities and your participation in:
- Student (specialty) interest groups (SIG) meetings
- "Lunch and Learn" sessions
- One-to-one meetings / small group sessions with advisors
You will receive additional information at the start of each academic year (through the course management system D2L).
Career Exploration: Quillen’s Alumni Career Mentor (ACM) program provides meaningful guidance to current students through our growing network of alumni. Read more...