Selected Publications (2009-present)
Wang KS and Liu X (2013) Integrative analysis of genome-wide expression and methylation data. Journal of Biometrics and Biostatistics 4, e123.
B) Review Articles
Wang KS, Owusu D, Pan Y and Xu C (2014) Common genetic variants in the HNF1B gene contribute to diabetes and multiple cancers. Austin Biomarkers and Diagnosis 1, id1002 (1-5).
Wang KS, Zuo L and Luo X (2014) Genetic factors for alcohol dependence and schizophrenia: Common and rare variants. Austin Journal of Drug Abuse and Addiction 1, 1-3.
- Zuo L, Wang KS and Luo X (2014) Use of diplotypes – matched haplotype pairs from homologous chromosomes – in gene-disease association studies. Shanghai Archives of Psychiatry 3, 165-170.
C) Research Articles
Wang KS, Liu X and Wang L (2014) Associations of alcohol consumption and mental health with the prevalence of arthritis among US adults: Data from the 2012 National Health Interview Survey. Rheumatology International 34, 1241-9.
Wang KS, Liu X, Wang L, Briones D and Xu C (2014) Genetic variants in the SORL1 gene are associated with age at onset of Alzheimer disease: a survival analysis. International Journal of Medical Genetics 2014, e689832(1-6).
Wang KS, Liu X, Wang L and He Y (2014) Associations of anxiety and psychological distress with cancer in the US Adults: Results from the 2012 National Health Interview Survey. American Journal of Cancer Epidemiology and Prevention 2, 20-31.
Wang KS, Wang L, Liu X, Owusu D and Zhang M (2014) Associations of binge drinking and smoking with type 2 diabetes among adults in California: Age and race differences. International Journal of Diabetology and Vascular Disease Research 2, e402.
Wang KS, Zuo L, Owusu D, Pan Y and Luo X (2014) Prostate cancer related JAZF1 gene is associated with schizophrenia. Journal of Schizophrenia Research 1, id1002 (1-6).
- Pan Y, Wang W and Wang KS (2014) Associations of alcohol consumption and chronic diseases with sleep apnea among US adults. International Journal of High Risk Behaviors and Addiction 2, e19088.
- Zuo L, Wang KS, Wang G, Pan X, Zhang X, Zhang H and Luo X (2014) Common PTP4A1-PHF3-EYS variants are specific for alcohol dependence. American Journal on Addictions 23, 411-4.
- Wang KS, Liu X, Arana TB, Thompson N, Weisman H, Devargas C, Mao C, Su BB, Camarillo C, Escamilla MA and Xu C (2013) Genetic association analysis of ITGB3 polymorphisms with age at onset of schizophrenia. Journal of Molecular Neuroscience 51, 446-453.
Wang KS, Wang L, Liu X and Zeng M (2013) Association of HS6ST3 gene polymorphisms with obesity and triglycerides: gene-gender interaction. Journal of Genetics 92, 395-402.
Wang KS, Wang L, Zheng S and Wu LY (2013) Associations of smoking status and serious psychological distress with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). International Journal of High Risk Behaviors and Addiction 2, 59-65.
- Aragam NR, Wang KS, Anderson JL and Liu X (2013) TMPRSS9 and GRIN2B are associated with neuroticism: a genome-wide association study in a European sample. Journal of Molecular Neuroscience 50, 250-256.
- Liu X, Wang KS, Wang L, Tsilimingras D and Campbell K (2013) Micoralbuminuria, macroalbuminuria and uncontrolled blood pressure among diagnosed hypertensive patients: the aspect of racial disparity in the NHANES Study. Hypertension Research 36, 1100-1106.
- Pan Y, Luo X, Liu X, Zhang Q, Wu LY, Wang L, Zuo L and Wang KS (2013) Genome-wide association studies of maximum number of drinks. Journal of Psychiatric Research 47, 1717-1724.
- Wang JM, Ma CJ, Ji XJ, Wu XY, Wang KS, Thayer P, Moorman JP and Yao ZQ (2013) Differential regulation of IL-12/IL-23 by Tim-3 drives TH17 cell development during HCV infection. Journal of Virology 87, 4372-4383.
- Wang L and Wang KS (2013) Age differences in the association of behavioral and health factors with stroke. Neuroepidemiology 41, 94-100.
- Xu C, Aragam N, Li X, Villla EC, Wang L, Posada Y, Arana TB, Cruz G, Mao CX, Escamilla MA and Wang KS (2013) BCL9 and C9orf5 are associated with negative symptoms in schizophrenia: meta-analysis of two genome-wide association studies. PLoS ONE 8, e51674.
- Zuo L, Saba L, Wang KS, Zhang X, Krystal JH, Tabakoff B and Luo X (2013) Exome-wide association study of replicable nonsynonymous variants conferring risk for alcohol dependence. Journal of Studies on Alcohol and Drugs 74, 622-625.
- Zuo L, Wang KS, Zhang XY, Li CS, Zhang F, Wang X, Chen W, Gao G, Zhang H, Krystal JH and Luo X (2013) Rare SERINC2 variants are specific for alcohol dependence in subjects of European descent. Pharmacogenetics and Genomics 23, 395-402.
Wang KS, Liu X, Zhang QY, Aragam N and Pan Y. (2012) Parent-of-origin effects of FAS and PDLIM1 in attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). Journal of Psychiatry and Neuroscience 37, 46-52.
Wang KS, Liu X, Zhang Q, Wu LY and Zeng M (2012) Genome-wide association study identifies 5q21 and 9p24.1 (KDM4C) loci associated with alcohol withdrawal symptoms. Journal of Neural Transmission 119, 425-433.
Wang KS, Liu X, Zhang Q and Zeng M (2012) ANAPC1 and SLCO3A1 are associated with nicotine dependence: meta-analysis of genome-wide association studies. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 124, 325-332.
Wang KS, Liu X, Zheng S, Zeng M, Pan Y and Callahan K (2012) A novel locus for body mass index (BMI) on 5p15.2: a meta-analysis of two genome-wide association studies. Gene 500, 80-84.
- Moorman JP, Wang JM, Zhang Y, Ji XJ, Ma CJ, Wu XY, Jia ZS, Wang KS and Yao ZQ (2012) Tim-3 pathway controls regulatory and effector T cell balance during HCV infection. Journal of Immunology 189, 755-766.
Wang KS, Liu X, Zhang QY, Aragam N and Pan Y (2011) Genome-wide association analysis of age at onset in schizophrenia in a European-American sample. American Journal of Medical Genetics. Part B Neurophychiatric Genetics 156, 671-680.
Wang KS, Liu X, Zhang QY, Pan Y, Aragam N and Zeng M (2011) Meta-analysis of two genome-wide association studies identifies 3 new loci for alcohol dependence. Journal of Psychiatric Research 45, 1419-1425.
- Jian XQ, Wang KS, Wu TJ, Hillhouse JJ and Mullersman JE (2011) Association of ADAM10 and CAMK2A polymorphisms with conduct disorder in the COGA sample: evidence from family-based studies. Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology 39, 773-782.
- Pan Y and Wang KS (2011) Spousal concordance in academic achievements and IQ: A principal component analysis. Open Journal of Psychiatry 1, 15-19.
Wang KS, Liu X and Aragam N (2010) A genome-wide meta-analysis identifies loci associated with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. Schizophrenia Research 124, 192-199.
- Wallis RH, Wang KS (Co-first author), Dabrowski D, Marandi L, Ning T, Murphy T, Hsieh E, Paterson AD and Poussier P (2009) Type 1 diabetes in the BB rat: a polygenic disease. Diabetes 58, 1007-1017.
- Wu LY, Chipman HA, Bull S, Briollais L and Wang KS (2009) A Bayesian segmentation approach to ascertain copy-number variations at the population level. Bioinformatics 25, 1669-1679.
Selected Conference Abstracts (2009-present)
- Longcoy J, Owusu D, Liu X and Wang KS (2014) Associations of infectious diseases with cancer in the US Adults: Data from the 2012 National Health Interview Survey. 2014 Appalachian Student Research Forum.
- Pan Y, Wang W and Wang KS (2014) Age difference in the trends of smoking among California adults: Results from the California Health Interview Survey 2001-2011. APHA 142th Annual Meeting, New Orleans, LA. A331392.
- He Y and Wang KS (2013) Race differences in the association between behavioral factors and heart disease in patients with type 2 diabetes. 2013 Appalachian Student Research Forum.
- Pan Y, Feaster D, Wang W, Duan R, Gomez ZL, Kyle TL, Metsch LR and Wang KS (2013) Gender difference in HIV sexual risk behavior among substance use program patients in US. APHA 141th Annual Meeting, Boston, MA. A282058.
- Zeng M and Wang KS (2013) Race differences in the associations of smoking and alcohol consumption with the risk of type 2 diabetes. 2013 Appalachian Student Research Forum.
- Zeng M and Wang KS (2012) Gender differences in the association between smoking and alcohol consumption and the age at onset of type 2 diabetes. 2012 Appalachian Student Research Forum.
Wang KS, Liu XF, Pan Y, Aragam N and Zeng M (2011) FSTL4 and SEMA5A are associated with alcohol dependence: meta-analysis of two genome-wide association studies. APHA 139th Annual Meeting, Washington DC. A235463.
- Aragam NR and Wang KS (2010) Genome-wide association analysis of gender difference in major depressive disorder in the Netherlands population sample from NESDA and NTR registries. ASHG 60th Annual Meeting, Washington DC. A2621.
- Aragam NR and Wang KS (2010) Genome-wide association analysis of gene x gender interaction of neuroticism in the Netherlands population sample from NESDA and NTR registries. Genetic Epidemiology 34, 934. The International Genetic Epidemiology Society (IGES) 19th Annual Meeting, Boston.
- Gong S, Wu T, Liu XF and Wang KS (2010) Family income, maternal marital status and employment, and the development of obesity during childhood. APHA 138th Annual Meeting, Denver, CO. A223653.
Wang KS, Liu X and Aragam NR (2010) A Genome-wide meta-analysis identifies novel loci associated with schizophrenia and bipolar disorder. ASHG 60th Annual Meeting, Washington DC. A2650.
Wang KS, Liu XF, Aragam N, Jian XQ and Mullersman JE (2009) Family-based association studies of alcohol dependence and age at onset in the COGA sample. APHA 137th Annual Meeting, Philadelphia, PA. A201530.