Scholarships Available for AuD Students: Incoming and Second/Third Year Students
- Sidney G. Gailbreath Scholarship: http://www.etsu.edu/gradstud/gscholarships/gilbreath.php
- George L. Carter Scholarship: http://www.etsu.edu/gradstud/gscholarships/carter.php
- James H. Quillen Graduate Scholarship: http://www.etsu.edu/gradstud/quillen.php
- Kirbo Foundation Audiology Scholarship
The purpose of the Kirbo Foundation Audiology Scholarship Endowment is to provide scholarship assistance to deserving students enrolled in the Audiology Program of the College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences at East Tennessee State University. The endowment is established by Mr. Charles Kirbo in gratitude for the exceptional education his daughter, Amelia Kirbo, received as an Au.D. student at ETSU. Amelia graduated in May of 2015.
The Audiology faculty consider the following criteria when awarding the Kirbo Scholarship:
1) Each candidate must have successfully completed his or her second year of study
2) The student must have a graduate GPA of 3.7 or higher and have displayed excellence in clinical assignments during their program of study.
3) Additional commendation is made for student participation as an officer in the student organization as well as for volunteerism and effort on philanthropic activities.
The inaugural Kirbo Scholar was Ashley Tice (class of 2017), who received the award in Spring, 2016.
- Laurie Higgins Audiology Scholarship
The Laurie Higgins Audiology Scholarship is awarded to an outstanding 2nd year audiology student, as voted by academic and clinical faculty in the Doctor of Audiology program at East Tennessee State University. Faculty consider student GPA, clinical excellence, and service to the community and profession in their votes for the Higgins Scholarship. Higgins award winners in the past included students who contributed to philanthropic events, community volunteer work, and excelled in the classroom.
Higgins Awardees, with their graduation date, include:
Cristine Trivette (Class of 2012)
Krisztina Busci Johnson (Class of 2013)
Kelley Dwyer (Class of 2014)
Kimberly Osucha (Class of 2015)
Kathryn Philippe (Class of 2016)
Samuel Hester (Class of 2017)
Aimee Johnson (Class of 2018)