Vision, Mission, Goal
"To become a campus in which social equality and justice exists for all people and celebrates cultural and ethnic diversity."
1. To promote a campus environment where all people are treated with dignity and respect.
2. To promote an environment that encourages cross-cultural understanding, nurturing, respect and celebration.
3. To provide an environment that supports and empowers under-represented groups and individuals.
4. To strengthen understanding of cultural diversity through education.
1. Active involvement in the recruitment and retention of students from under-represented groups.
2. Active involvement in the recruitment and retention of faculty and staff from under-represented groups.
3. Provide social activities and cultural events for individuals from under-represented groups.
4. Provide programming which represents a variety of cultural diversity opportunities for all constituents of ETSU.
5. Active involvement in cultural diversity training for students, faculty and staff.
6. Provide a forum for cross-cultural exchange among diverse populations on campus.
7. Support the infusion of cultural diversity into the curriculum.
8. Active involvement in the assessment and evaluation of diversity initiatives and needs within departments.
9. Promote the relationship between the University and the community to enhance communication and appreciation of diverse groups.