Who is eligible for GPSA transportation funds?
- Any graduate or professional student at East Tennessee State University who has a completed GPSA membership form on file, has paid the annual $5 membership fee, and is actively involved in GPSA can apply for use of GPSA transportation funds
- If you are not a member of GPSA, you can be by filling out this application here and dropping it by the Graduate Studies Office with your $5 membership fee.
How do you apply for GPSA transportation funding?
- In order to apply, the following materials must be turned into GPSA by the intended deadline with a GPSA Transportation Funding Request Application.
- In receiving GPSA transportation funds, you are required to give a 10-15 minute presentation of your experience or research at a GPSA event (even if you did not present at the conference). The presentations are scheduled every April during GPSA week.
- GPSA also offers the opportunity to practice your presentation before you go to the conference. If you are presenting at a conference, would like to practice your presentation, and get feedback before you go to the conference, GPSA will provide a time and facility for a practice presentation. All you have to do is tell us when. Participating in a practice presentation will satisfy your requirement of presenting during GPSA week.
- GPSA does not award transportation grants for group transportation. If you are seeking to apply as a group, you must request B.U.C. funds from the Student Government Association (SGA), and will not be eligible for GPSA funding.
Funding is allotted on a two-tier system. The first tier is for those members who are presenting at a conference. Students who are presenting and traveling up to 250 miles can receive up to $250. Students who are presenting and traveling more than 250 miles can receive up to $500. Students who are just attending (not presenting) and traveling up to 250 miles can receive up to $125. Students who are just attending (not presenting) and traveling more than 250 miles can receive up to $250. Mileage is based on round trip estimates. Because the funds are limited, the following priorities will be followed in the allocations:
- First priority will be given to applicants who are requesting funds for presenting research/ scholarly presentation in which the applicant is sole or co-author.
- Second priority will be given to applicants who are requesting funds to attend a conference or professional development workshop that can be shown to be linked to their program of graduate study at ETSU.
- Other proposals will be considered if applicants can demonstrate that the proposed activity will enhance their graduate education, program of study and/or scholarship.
- Students may only receive GPSA Transportation Funds one time per academic year.