Accounts Resetting your ETSU account password
If you're currently logged into an ETSU PC
Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the keyboard. A menu will appear with a 'Change Password' option. Click on this and then you will be asked for the current password and a new password. The new password must meet the requirements outlined below. When the password submission is successful, you'll be given a message saying that your password has been changed.
If you're not logged into an ETSU PC
You can reset the password online at http://www.etsu.edu/activate/. You will be asked for your E number, the last four digits of your SSN, and your birth date. Once you provide your credentials, you will be presented with the list of your personal phone numbers and email addresses that the University has on record. You will choose either a phone number or email address to complete the second step of verifying your identity. A verification code will be sent to the selected phone or email. You will then enter the verification code into the website. You will be able to change your password. (If you select email as your method and do not receive a response within a few minutes, please check your Spam or Junk folder.)
What if my phone number and/or email are not up-to-date?
If your contact information is not up to date and you are unable to use the two factor authentication feature, please contact the Help Desk at 423-439-4648, Monday through Friday between 7:30am and 4:30pm, or email@example.com. The Help Desk will be able to assist you.
Once you are able to login, you may need to update your phone numbers. Please go to the “Personal Information” section of the “My Student Info” or “My Employee Info” tab in GoldLink and click on “Update Addresses and Phones”. If you change your phone number on GoldLink, it may take up to one hour to reflect your changes on the two factor authentication page. If you have difficulty, or need to update your personal email address, please contact the appropriate office:
- New students - Admissions 423-439-4213
- Returning students - Registrar 423-439-5584
- Graduate students – Graduate Studies 423-439-6166
- Pharmacy students – Gatton College of Pharmacy Registrar 423-439-6338
- Employees – Human Resources 423-439-4457
- Medical Residents – Clinical Affairs 423-439-6373
What about departmental accounts?
If you need to reset that password for a departmental account then please contact the Help Desk.
Passwords for all accounts must meet the following requirements.
- It must be at least 8 characters long
- It must contain characters from at least 3 of these 4 categories:
- Uppercase letters
- Lowercase letters
- It cannot contain your username, first, middle or last name. For departmental accounts, it cannot contain any parts of the display name.
- It cannot be one of the last 10 passwords that have been used on the account.