- Prospective Students
- Newly Admitted Students
- Current Student(F-1 and J-1)
- Visiting Scholars (J-1)
- Study Abroad/Exchange Programs
- For ETSU Faculty
- Useful Links
- Honors College
- Contact Us
Congratulations on your decision to study abroad. Studying abroad is an exciting and rewarding opportunity! As a study abroad student, you will be required to participate in a pre-departure orientation session. It is important that you participate in this session because essential information about studying abroad will be covered to prepare you for your adventure abroad. We want you to be able to make the most out of your journey ahead by providing you with the necessary tools. Some of the topics that will be covered during this orientation include:
- things to do before departing,
- academic issues (i.e. registration, credits, financial aid),
- money issues (financial responsibility, spending money abroad),
- how to remain healthy and safe abroad,
- what to do once you reach your destination cultural shock and adjustment
- and much more!
Please note that if you are unable to attend this session, you must make an appointment with the study abroad advisor to go over the information that was covered and to turn in any additional paperwork that is needed from you before your departure from campus.
Please check back for meeting date and location for our next Pre-Departure orientation.