- Prospective Students
- Newly Admitted Students
- Current Student(F-1 and J-1)
- Visiting Scholars (J-1)
- Study Abroad/Exchange Programs
- For ETSU Faculty
- Useful Links
- Honors College
- Contact Us
An active ETSU account is mandatory to request your I-20 or DS-2019. This information is provided in the ETSU acceptance letter. To activate your account please click here.
Once your account is set up, locate the request link provided in the acceptance letter. Then use your login information (username and password) to begin your request.
Disclaimer: The link in the acceptance letter will not work if you deferred or did not attend ETSU in your initial term. To request your I-20 or DS-2019 first defer your enrollment, if you have not already done so. To do this contact the appropriate admission office in the list below. Once your deferral is approved, our office will contact you with the link to make your request.
- Undergraduates: The Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduates: The Graduate Program Specialist
What to have ready:
You must upload certain documents for our office to review. With these uploads, along with the information you provide on the request form, we will determine if we can issue an I-20 or DS-2019. Be sure all documents are clear and easy to read to speed the review process.
Items to upload:
- Valid picture page of your passport
- If you have dependents, valid picture page of their passports
- Acceptance Letter
- And notice of accepted deferral, if you have deferred your enrollment
- Financial documents
- Bank statements with 3 months of validity
- Scholarship letter with dollar amount indicated
- SACM scholarships do not need this
- Most scholarships from ETSU do not cover living expenses, only tuition. Financial documentation to cover the difference is mandatory.
- Letter of financial support form filled out by your sponsor
Be aware, estimations are based on an academic year of 9 months. If your do not plan to return home for the summer it is your responsibility to secure financing for a full 12 months.
Please note, financial support is not a mere formality to obtain an I-20 or DS-2019. Nor is it to facilitate your entry into the United States. Rather, financial support must ensure that you will not become a public charge or take unauthorized employment while studying in the United States. This obligation begins when you, under an F or J visa, enter the United States and continues until the completion of your program or departure.
- Follow the link on your acceptance letter.
- Use your ETSU login information to sign in.
- DO NOT Create an Account
- Click "Complete This Form" to begin
Table of Contents