- Prospective Students
- Newly Admitted Students
- Current Student(F-1 and J-1)
- Visiting Scholars (J-1)
- Study Abroad/Exchange Programs
- For ETSU Faculty
- Useful Links
- Honors College
- Contact Us
To request your I-20 or DS-2019 you must have your ETSU acceptance letter and ETSU email set up (located on your acceptance letter).
Once your email account is set up, use this login information to begin your request.
**Disclaimer: The acceptance letter link willnot work if you are deferring or did not attend ETSU in your initial term.Therefore to make your request you must first defer your enrollment. To do this contact:
- Undergraduates: The Office of Undergraduate Admissions
- Graduates: Your Graduate Program Specialists
Once your deferral is approved, our office will contact you with the link to make your request.**
What to have ready:
You must upload certain documents for our office to review. Based on these uploads, we will determine if we can issue an I-20 or DS-2019. Be sure all documents are clear and easy to read to speed the review process.
Have these items ready to upload:
- Your Passport
- (If you have dependents, their passports)
- Acceptance Letter
- And notice of accepted deferral, if you have deferred your enrollment
- Financial documents
- Bank statements with 6 months of validity
- Scholarship letter with dollar amount
- SACM scholarships do not need this
- Most scholarships from ETSU do not cover living expenses, only tuition. You must include financial documentation to cover the difference.
- Letter of financial support from sponsor
**Financial support is not a mere formality to obtain an I-20 or DS-2019. Nor is it to facilitate your entry into the United States. Rather, financial support must ensure that you will not become a public charge or take unauthorized employment while studying in the United States. This obligation beings when you, under your F or J visa, enter the United States and continues until the completion of your program and departure.**
Please be aware the estimations are based on an academic year of 9 months. If you do not plan to return home for the summer, it is your responsibility to secure financing for a full 12 months.
- Follow the link on your acceptance letter.
- Use your ETSU login information to sign in.
- DO NOT Create an Account
- Click Complete This Form to begin:
Table of Contents