- Prospective Students
- Newly Admitted Students
- Current Student(F-1 and J-1)
- Visiting Scholars (J-1)
- Study Abroad/Exchange Programs
- For ETSU Faculty
- Useful Links
- Honors College
- Contact Us
New students must provide proof of having received the following vaccines in order to register full time at ETSU:
- Two (2) doses of Measles, Mumps, and Rubella (MMR) vaccines.
- Two (2) doses of Varicella (a.k.a. Chickenpox) vaccine or proof of having had varicella/chicken pox.
- One (1) dose of Meningococcal vaccine in the last five years. This is required for students living on campus and documentation must be received before the move-in date.
Submit the completed Certificate of Immunization (below) to ETSU Student Health Services by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and in the subject line write: New International Student" or by fax: 423-439-4560.
Please follow the instructions below to complete and submit the required immunization documentation.
1. Take the Certificate of Immunization form to your health care provider and request that the form be completed, signed and stamped/sealed by that person. This must be done before you come to the United States, at least 30 days in advance of your arrival.
- Please be sure to include the full date (day, month and year) of all vaccine doses for Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR) and Varicella on the Certificate of Immunization.
- If you have contracted Varicella (a.k.a. Chickenpox) in the past, please have your physician document this on the Certificate of Immunization (with Titer results, if applicable).
- If you have never received either MMR and/or Varicella vaccines (or do not have a history of Varicella), or if you have not completed the required two (2) doses of both, then you must make arrangements to have these immunizations administered in your home country (at least 30 days in advance of your arrival to the U.S.) and documented by your physician on the Certificate of Immunization.
- If you will be living on-campus, document your Meningococcal Vaccine.
For detailed information about the Immunization requirements, visit: http://www.etsu.edu/nursing/shserv/immunizations/requirements.aspx.
2. If you are younger than 18-years-old, you also must submit the Parental Medical Consent Form. Your parent or legal-guardian must complete, sign and date the form. Please include the signed form with the Certificate of Immunization when you submit it to ETSU Student Health Services.
3. You need tohave all the required immunizations done at home at least 30 days in advance of your
arrival. If you don't, then you must have them administered upon arrival in the United States.
We suggest that you budget $500 to pay for them.
4.Upon arrival, you must have a test for tuberculosis (TB). Do not have this test done at home. You are required to have it done once you arrive int he United States.
Required immunizations/vaccinations (with the exception of the TB test): DO THEM AT HOME AT LEAST 30 DAYS BEFORE ARRIVAL!
TB test: DO NOT DO IT BEFORE ARRIVAL!
B. Health Insurance
ETSU requires that all international, non-immigrant students and scholars under the F and J status maintain accident, illness, medical evacuation, and repatriation insurance on themselves as a condition to their admission, enrollment, research duties, and employment at the ETSU. Applicants under any of the J status categories must also carry accident, illness, medical evacuation, and repatriation insurance for spouses and dependents.
Please note you are required to purchase health insurance coverage directly from the insurance provider mandated
by TBR. Therefore, an Insurance Hold is in effect until this insurance is purchased.
No private health insurance policy [with limited exemption] will be accepted.
The cost for insurance coverage per semester is approximately $700.
The health insurance coverage that you purchase at ETSU will not provide you with dental or eye coverage. We strongly recommend that you have a dental and eye examination before departing for the United States.
The current insurance provider for ETSU international student health insurance is United Health Care through PGH Global.
Table of Contents
Table of Contents