- Prospective Students
- Newly Admitted Students
- Current Student
(F-1 and J-1)
- Visiting Scholars
- Study Abroad
- For ETSU Faculty
- Useful Links
- Honors College
- Contact Us
IBB Schedule Fall 2017
|August 27th||Welcome Event|
|September 2nd||Bays Mountian Hike|
|October 2nd||Corn Maze Trip|
|October 28th||Halloween Costume Party|
|December 9th||Farewell Social|
Attention New International Students
The Office of International Programs and Services at ETSU encourages you to apply for our International Friendship Program (IFP) and our Buccaneer Buddy Program (IBB). You may apply for either or both programs. If you apply for the IFP, you will be paired with an ETSU faculty or staff, or community, volunteer family who will help you during the first few days after your arrival. Please note that this program is only available to new students coming to ETSU for the first time and hosts cannot accommodate family or friends traveling with the student. The benefits of applying for the program are:
• You would have someone to pick you up at the airport, feed and house you the first
night or two, help you move into your new campus housing, and take you shopping for
the things you might need for your housing.
• You would quickly know someone who works at ETSU who could answer your questions and help you as you adjust to life here.
• You will have someone to show you around the campus and the city when you first arrive, so you can more quickly become familiar with your new home.
If you apply for the IBB, you will be paired with a volunteer student buddy who will assist you during the first month you are here, and you will be able to do activities and trips with many other IBB students that includes both American students and other international students. The benefits of applying for IBB are:
• You would have American students to show you around campus and help answer questions
about campus life and American culture.
• You would have the opportunity to engage in new and fun activities and experiences with your group, including service activities.
• You would be able to make new friends from around the world.
• You will more quickly adapt to the life and culture here and have a richer experience of life in the USA.
There are limited openings for the program so the earlier you apply the better the chance of being served. The deadline for applying for Fall semester is August 10 and the deadline for Spring semester is December 10. Following the applications below you can read what recent international students said about their experience with IFP and IBB.
Table of Contents