The Presidential Honors Community Service Scholars program
accepts up to 20 students per year.
The application deadline is June 1, but prospective students are encouraged to apply early. Admissions decisions will be made on an ongoing basis throughout the application period until the class is filled.
- Incoming freshman
- Minimum 3.9 High School GPA (on a 4.0 scale)
- Minimum 30 ACT (or comparable SAT)
- Resident of Tennessee or one of the following border counties: Ashe, Avery, Haywood,
Mitchell, Watauga, Yancey in North Carolina; Grayson, Lee, Scott, Washington in Virginia
- You must complete the general application for admission to ETSU and submit it to:
East Tennessee State University Office of Admissions
PO Box 70731, Johnson City, TN 37614.
For more information concerning the application process for admission to ETSU, please visit the
Admissions How to Apply web page.
- Review the minimum requirements for admission to the PHCS Scholars Program to make sure you are eligible.
- Complete the PHCS Scholars Program Application.
Be sure to follow the instructions carefully.