Board Members present: Jay Allen, Jean S. Copeland, Joan C. Dressel, Barbara R. Humphrys, Harold K. Johnson, Betty Moore, Harry Powell, Dorman Stout, Betty Tester, and Charles Votaw. Others present: Edith Keys, Jeff Anderson, and Diana McClay.
Dr. Dorman Stout, President, called the meeting to order at 3:30 p.m. Dr. Stout welcomed all members to the first meeting of the new year.
The minutes of November 27, 2001 meeting were approved on a motion by Jay Allen and seconded by Jean Copeland with the addition of Dr. Charles Votaw being listed as present.
President Stout called for committee reports.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE: Dr. Dorman Stout, Chair
1. Dr. Bill Pafford has prepared a list of prescription medications taken from board members which he gave to Tom Mooney of Mooney Pharmacy for review. Dr. Pafford believes he will come up with some good prices.
2. Harold K. Johnson and Betty Tester have drafted an Activity Survey which is to be included in the March Newsletter. The Communication Committee is to encourage the return of the survey when they call to remind the ETSURA members of the Eat and Chat gathering on March 21, 2002.
3. Dr. Stout reported that Dr. LaVeta Ligon, Ambrose and Mary Manning, Dr. Jack Mooney, and Dr. Willene Paxton have agreed to serve on "The Tales of the University" committee.
4. ETSURA Committees for 2002 were distributed in the members packets prepared by Diana McClay.
MEMBERSHIP COMMITTEE: Dr. Barbara Humphrys, Chair
Dr. Humphrys reported that she had talked with Rosemary Barson, last year's Membership Chairman, and that she planned to use the same procedures for contacting members.
FINANCE COMMITTEE: Ms. Betty Tester, Chair
Ms. Tester distributed the financial report which shows an operating fund of $2,393; life membership of $10,100; scholarship endowment of $53,939.48; and endowment interest income of $679.50 for total assets of $67,111.98.
PROGRAM COMMITTEE: Ms. Betty Moore, Chair
Ms. Moore reported the following reservations have been made:
1. Eat and Chat at Shoney’s on March 21 and September 19, 2002.
2. Picnic at Rotary Park on June 13, 2002.
3. Annual Meeting in Dining Room No. 2, Culp Center on October 18, 2002 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE: Dr. Harry Powell, Chair
Dr. Powell reported he planned to use the same plan as in the past for contacting ETSURA members.
LIAISON COMMITTEE: Dr. Bill Fisher, Chair
Dr. Fisher was not present for the meeting; however, he had notified the president of his planned absence.
Joan Dressel, University Women's Club, encouraged attendance at the WINTER DINNER on February 9, 2002, 5:30 p.m. in the Tennessee Room, Culp Center.
Diana McClay, Human Resources, had prepared and distributed a packet of valuable materials for each board member.
The next board meeting will be the last Tuesday in February.
There being no further business the meeting was adjourned at 4:20 p.m.
Harold K. Johnson, Secretary
Back to ETSURA
Mailing Address: Office of Human Resources
ETSU Box 70564
Johnson City, TN 37614-1707
Office Hours: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. E.S.T. Monday
Office Location: Rooms 307 and 311, Dossett Hall
Updated on 11/15/05