eValuations Guided Tour Videos
- How To Log Into Your Evaluation, Employee Demonstration (0:33 minutes)
- Annual Evaluation, Employee Demonstration (4:42 minutes)
- Annual Evaluation, Supervisor Demonstration (6:20 minutes)
- Probationary Evaluation, Supervisor Demonstration (5:08 minutes)
Performance Evaluation Scenario Video (7:19 minutes)
How to communicate your assessment of an employee's poor performance
- Notice the following in the video:
- The supervisor is well prepared. Supervisor has logs, business cards, EAP brochure, the employee's job description and a copy of the evaluation in hand before the meeting.
- The employee has been given the chance to review the evaluation before meeting with the supervisor.
- The meeting is held in a private and neutral setting, the conference room table (complete with tissues), rather than the supervisor's office/desk.
- The supervisor has made notes regarding talking points in order to keep the conversation on track.
- The employee is not surprised by the evaluation.
Full High Definition (1080p)
High Definition (720p)
- Did you notice the following in the video:
- Supervisor maintained control of the conversation.
- Supervisor ensured there was enough time allotted to finish the conversation without interruption.
- Supervisor based the evaluation on FACTS about the employee's actual performance.
- Supervisor kept the conversation focused on improvement opportunities/potential.
- Even though the supervisor is obviously frustrated, she maintains a professional and respectful demeanor while still being direct and unwavering.
- Supervisor set the stage for continuous communication.
- The supervisor leaves the responsibility for success up to the employee.
Performance Evaluations eTraining
Conducting Effective Evaluations
Evaluations are important management tools which provide a formal opportunity for supervisors to let employees know about their performance, identify good performance, areas that need improvement, opportunities for training and plans for the next evaluation period. This class addresses the benefits of evaluations; tips and pitfalls in conducting them; and how to efficiently conduct evaluations using ETSU's electronic eValuations system.
eValuations Training Website
Training Site - A great place for new Supervisors to get comfortable with the system or to simply practice evaluating employees. The training site is refreshed the 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month.
***All data entered into the Training Site is erased every 2 weeks.
Do NOT enter your official evaluations here.***
||Draft annual evaluations before saving the official online eValuations.
Additional Web Page:
Please Contact Human Resources Via: