PPP-76 Employee Stewardship Award Policy
The faculty staff and administration at East Tennessee State University support efforts that lead to a culture of financial responsibility and fiscal stewardship. Toward that end, during the Fall and Spring semesters the University will honor up to two individuals each semester whose efforts exemplify stewardship at ETSU. Honorees will receive a one-time cash award of $500.
Eligibility and Nomination
Eligibility for Employee Stewardship Award
- All full or part-time employees of the University (except those serving on the Strategic Budget Management Committee) may be nominated and considered for the Employee Stewardship Award.
- Nominations may be made using the Stewardship Award Nomination Form the completed form should be forwarded to the employee’s direct supervisor for endorsement. The supervisor should submit the nomination to the Chair of the Strategic Budget Management Committee. Nominations must be received by June 30 and December 31 of each year.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
Selection of Winner and Presentation of Award
- Members of the University’s Strategic Budget Management Committee will review the nominations during their regularly scheduled meetings in July and January.
- Winners will be selected based upon the following criteria.
- How has the nominee helped establish a pattern of stewardship within his/her department
- The innovative cost-saving measure(s) the nominee has put in place
- Financial details (dollar amounts in the context of the overall department budget) of the way(s) in which the nominee has saved university funds
- How the cost savings could be extended to other units on campus
- Decisions made by the Committee are final.
- Winners and their immediate supervisor will be notified and the award will be presented by the University President and the Chair of the University’s Strategic Budget Management Committee.