|Title Code: 4015 |
Occ. Group: 132.831
ACCOUNT CLERK 2
Skill Level: 5
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
Performs non-routine accounts receivable, research, reconciliation, auditing and related accounting functions in support of the department. Provide assistance to internal and external customers to resolve financial inquiries and non-routine business problems.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Essential functions for this position are on file in the Office of Human Resources for your information.)
- Respond to customer and vendor requests for information. Research non-routine account information and resolve or report results to management
- Advise and counsel customers and vendors on University policies and procedures
- Research, reconcile and balance routine and non-routine financial records with accounting reports and related financial information. Correct records as necessary
- Research account delinquencies; develop and distribute collections correspondence or telephone as necessary
- Code invoices for charges to appropriate department(s) and account(s) in the general ledger, submits invoices for management approval and payment
- Maintain departmental requests and receipts for purchases not requiring a purchase order
- Determines and completes reimbursement procedures for cash reimbursement, meal reimbursement or travel claims according to established protocol
- Generates and distribute invoices or refunds based on information received from department systems and staff for services to department internal or external customers via University on-line systems
- Verify payments received with invoice and account information by referencing on line systems and reports; ensure payments are correctly posted on University systems, correct as necessary
- May monitor department payroll records
- All incumbents are expected to perform these functions except for those qualifying under the Americans with Disabilities Act for a reasonable accommodation
- These functions may vary by institution
- Incumbents may provide backup to various functions within the unit
- May perform related accounting/clerical tasks as assigned
Employees work under general supervision. Advice and guidance are available from the supervisor as needed for complex issues or exceptions to policy.
May oversee, direct or check work of student workers, temporary employees and or lower level clerical employees
High School diploma or GED and one year progressively responsible accounting and or general office experience required. Strong customer service skills required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND WORKER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of advanced bookkeeping procedures and principles
- 10 key calculator
- Advanced mathematical abilities, compute rate, ratio and percent
- Proficiency with computerized accounting systems and software programs i.e., Word, Excel, HRS, FRS, SIS, etc.
- Effective customer service skills
- Ability to multi-task, with attention to detail and accuracy.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SPECIAL CONDITIONS:
Specific working conditions, physical demands and special conditions relative to this position are on file in the Office of Human Resources for your information.
Date Skill Evaluation
5/2004 5 513021222
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.