|Title Code: 4050|
Occ. Group: 112.833
ADMISSIONS AND RECORDS CLERK
Skill Level: 4
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
Work performed in maintaining records and files, answering questions concerning admission and graduation requirements.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
(Essential functions for this position are on file in the Office of Human Resources for your information.)
- Posts grade changes, repeats, and credit by examination to student records
- Reviews student records and verifies that all requirements for graduation are met
- Examines high school transcripts to determine testing needs
- Processes application fees and transmittals for Bursarís Office
- Answers questions concerning admission requirements/procedures and transcript evaluations
- Prepares and mails official college transcripts as requested
- Answers telephone and give information to callers or routes calls to the appropriate officials
- All incumbents are expected to perform these functions except for those qualifying under the Americans with Disabilities Act for a reasonable accommodation.
- These functions may vary by institution.
- Incumbents may provide backup to various functions within the unit.
- Performs other work as assigned.
Employees work under general supervision. Advice and guidance are available from the supervisor as needed for complex issues or exceptions to policy.
- High school diploma or GED including or supplemented by courses in typing/word processing
- Experience in a responsible clerical capacity with some experience involving public contact
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND WORKER CHARACTERISTICS
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic
- Knowledge of modern office practices, procedures, and equipment
- Knowledge of organizational rules, regulations, and procedures and the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions
- Ability to type accurately at an acceptable rate of speed and to accurately enter data into a computerized system
- Ability to express ideas clearly, concisely, and convincingly
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with students, the public, and other employees and to do this in a confidential manner when required by FERPA
- Ability to operate modern office equipment
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS/SPECIAL CONDITIONS
Specific working conditions, physical demands and special conditions relative to this position are on file in the Office of Human Resources for your information.
Date Skill Evaluation
5/2004 4 422021233
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position.