ACCOUNT CLERK SUPERVISOR
EXPECTATIONS FOR ALL EMPLOYEES
East Tennessee State University pursues its mission based upon core values. An employee's job performance must support and exhibit the university's core values:
PEOPLE come first, are
treated with dignity and respect, and are encouraged to achieve their full
RELATIONSHIPS are built on honesty, integrity and trust;
DIVERSITY of people and thought is respected;
EXCELLENCE is achieved through teamwork, leadership, creativity, and a strong work ethic;
EFFICIENCY is achieved through wise use of human and financial resources; and
COMMITMENT to intellectual achievement is embraced.
Employees in this class are under general supervision. Work performed in supervising the clerical accounting functions assigned to the Business Office and performing related work as required.
EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Supervises a staff performing bookkeeping duties.
- Assigns work areas and work schedules.
- Assists in auditing accounts and fiscal procedures.
- Reviews the work of subordinates for accuracy and timeliness.
- Reviews some subsidiary ledgers and determines proper classification of accounts for posting purposes.
- Keeps records and makes reports.
- Performs other work as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of bookkeeping.
- Knowledge of business English and arithmetic.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of supervision.
- Knowledge of the application of bookkeeping principles to transactions.
- Knowledge of review and basic auditing procedures.
- Ability to direct the flow of a large volume of work.
- Ability to review and audit fiscal records.
- Ability to evaluate situations and make decisions.
- Ability to make arithmetic calculations rapidly and accurately.
- Ability to direct the work of others.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective working relationship with
the students and other employees.
Applicants possessing these qualifications have a good probability for
success in this class. However, applicants not possessing these qualifications
should apply if they believe their training and experience will enable them to
perform the work successfully. Graduation from a standard high school including
or supplemented by courses in bookkeeping principles and practices. Considerable
experience in office work involving bookkeeping and accounting principles of
which some experience should have been in a supervisory capacity.
5/2004 6 613221222